Junior Financial Planner
Online Remote – Continental U.S. Only
The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado and Arizona; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform). All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.
Jr. Financial Planner
This Financial Aid Planner position is responsible for all activities leading up to the financial aid appointment. This planner will meet with prospective students over the phone, to educate them on the purpose and assist in the completion of financial aid applications, along with the coordinating of financial aid appointments. The final decision in proper student financial aid packaging is conducted by the colleges Central Financial Aid Office (CFA). This position requires two late-night shifts (11am-8pm) between Monday and Thursday, as well as a rotating Saturday shift (1/month). The regular day shift is 8am-5pm.
- Interface with and support Admissions and Education departments
- Educate prospective students of the various funding options
- Assist prospective students with Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Coordinate and prepare potential students for Financial Aid Appointments
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and corporate rules of financial aid
- Provide outstanding service and assistance to all current and prospective students
- Ensure zero error rate in data gathering and entry
- Expected to achieve departmental metrics and quality goals
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma (or equivalent) required. Associate’s degree preferred
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- Must be extremely detail oriented
Working from Home Requirements:
- Dedicated space/office must be free from distractions and background noise (personal calls, visitors, pets, TV, children, etc.)
- Must adhere to set schedule
- Continuous/active communication with managers and co-workers
- Must have the following resources at home:
- Dedicated office space that can accommodate dual monitors, computer, and VPN device
- A hard-wired (from the computer to the internet router/modem) High-speed internet with:
- A minimum of 6 Mbps download speed and 1.5 upload speed
- Latency/Ping must be @ 40-45ms or lower
- Depending on the availability; Cable, DSL, Fiber are only supported ISP provider services (candidates must provide Internet Service Provider Name and the test results before hire)
- Satellite, Hot Spot and any other unreliable services are not supported by CEHE; Wireless connection is also not supported
Measures of Merit:
- TBD by supervisor within 90 days of hire.