Junior Contract Paralegal at Thrive Causemetics
Title: Junior Contract Paralegal
Location: United States – Remote
Thrive Causemetics is Bigger Than Beauty™: We are an independent, female-owned beauty brand that creates high-performance vegan cosmetics and supports a community of giving. All of Thrive Causemetics’ products are free of parabens and sulfates, in addition to being 100 percent cruelty-free. Through its Bigger Than Beauty™ program, every product you purchase results in a donation to help a woman thrive.
Thrive Causemetics is dedicated to fostering a collaborative and cross-functional workplace where everyone’s voice matters. We are committed to being pioneers in creating a culture of wellness. Together, we prioritize a strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
Who We Are Looking For
Thrive Causemetics is seeking a thoughtful and organized junior paralegal to review, amend, and manage important commercial agreements, NDAs, and other business critical contracts. This is a Non-Attorney role.
- Draft and prepare agreements required from in-house departments for possible vendors/partners utilizing the company’s templates
- Review agreement requests from the team, seek clarifications, and ensure that all supporting documentation and approvals are complete
- Escalate major issues or changes to the team for review
- Maintain a system for tracking contracts and related documentation
- Support the team with contract initiation, implementation, and closeout activities
- Respond to outside counsel requests for company assistance in connection with contracts revision.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
- Applicants who have some experience as a paralegal, legal assistant, or legal support are preferred
- High proficiency in document editing and Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to independently prioritize and make necessary changes to documents without assistance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing or related field preferred
Nice To Haves
- The ideal junior paralegal candidate is a college graduate with a strong interest in the legal profession. A paralegal Certificate is a plus
- Prior experience with contract review/redlines/management is a plus
- Demonstrated academic or vocational interest in law, business, and/or the cosmetics industry
- Superior attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
- Excellent communication skills (including written, verbal, and presentation), with a major emphasis on building and nurturing excellent working relationships
- Ability to proofread typed material for grammatical, typographical, spelling errors and legal citations
- Demonstrated self-motivated team player with a strong drive for results
- Adaptability and flexibility when faced with challenges, and the professional attitude to proactively manage tensions and align senior stakeholders accordingly
- Ability to establish and maintain cordial and effective relationships with in-house contacts and work effectively with a wide variety of individuals
- Passion for social impact, an ethos for giving back, and eagerness to join a mission-driven company
Why Thrive Causemetics?
- Robust compensation package
- 401k & up to 4% company match
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Life Insurance Policy at no cost
- Employer-paid Short-term disability & Long-term disability plans at no cost
- Employee Assistance Program
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion training
- Employee discount
- Health & Wellness Workshops
- Mental health resources; Calm app provided for free
- Remote team get togethers and opportunities to participate at company Giving events
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!