Junior Administrator at Fenway Community Health Center
- Remote Worker – N/A • IT
- Job Type
- Full-time, Temporary
Under the supervision of the IT Director and Network Engineer, the Jr. Administrator assists Fenway Health head office and remote locations with support including specifications, installation and testing of computer systems, server maintenance, group policy deployment, network security, and peripherals within established guidelines.
Please note that this is a temporary, non-benefits eligible position from August 2, 2021-February 1, 2022.
- Provides second level support to helpdesk techs
- Uses established tracking system to log requests; monitors progress, tracks problem resolution, identifies patterns of failure, researches bug fixes and implements solutions; communicates with manager regarding unresolved problems
- Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves hardware-, software- and network-related problems encountered by end-users, the Internet, and desktop hardware
- Optimizes computer usage by researching and recommending enhancements to system capabilities and performance
- Assists with the administration and maintenance of telephone accounts in a cloud based program
- Assists with the creation of new hire telephone accounts, routing numbers to appropriate locations and updating information as needed.
New Hire Administration
- Creates network and email accounts for new users
- Creates electronic fax accounts when applicable
- Creates telephone accounts when applicable
- Edits signature customizations
- Follows incident response standard operating procedures related to cybersecurity events
- Audits idle and terminated network accounts periodically
- Basic Azure administration with some Powershell scripting
Meets agency participatory expectation
- Adheres to all agency and departmental policies and procedures
- Participates in quality assessment and improvement activities as requested
- Adheres to the highest principles of patient and client confidentiality
- Adheres to established safety policies, procedures and precautions; identifies potential or actual unsafe situations in the environment and takes measures to rectify the situation
- Attends all required meetings, in-services and professional trainings
- Maintains professional competence necessary to perform job responsibilities; maintains and provides agency with records of continuing education activities
- Serves on agency committees and in professional organizations when requested
Performs related duties as required
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 12 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more.
LGBTQIA+ identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), and individuals from other historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited School of Computer or Information Science preferred
- Working knowledge of all phases of implemented technologies
- Demonstrable knowledge of diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Facility with written and verbal technical support
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, vendors and visitors to facility
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals
- Experience working in an ethnically, culturally, and racially diverse environment preferred
- Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Sit at a computer station for extended periods of time
- Ability to keyboard for extended periods of time
- Regularly walk, stand, stoop, climb, kneel and crouch
- Occasionally lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds independently, and occasionally objects weighing up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises
- Moderate physical activity
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!