Who We Are
FlexJobs’ mission is to help people find the best remote and flexible jobs in an easier, safer, and faster way. We’ve been the leader in this space for over 14 years, and from day one have been committed to serving all of our stakeholders with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk. This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Having a great company culture is really important to us and we’ve been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about culture and our current team, you can visit our Careers and Team & Culture pages.
Responsibilities of the Job: The Opportunity
FlexJobs is looking for a creative, organized, and very accomplished Jr Product Designer to plan enhancements, solve pain points, and identify positive new features for our user experience. In addition to identifying opportunities and creating solutions, this means being able to create clear requirements, specifications, and wireframes to convey solutions for several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
At the core, it is critical for success in this position to have the ability to understand and evaluate each product feature as well as its intended impact/purpose, and then be able to collaborate with the team to determine what the best strategy is to implement changes and to track the impact.
- 2+ years in a Jr Product Designer role for a public-facing B2C website, preferably with a strong e-commerce focus, huge bonus points for subscription models or an app
- Able to collaborate with both technical and non-technical cross-functional teams through the full product development cycle.
- Identify design problems and develop intuitive solutions that consider the business model.
- Test and iterate designs that take a user-centric approach.
- Collaborate with teams to make strategic design and UX decisions related to existing and new functionality and features.
- Keen understanding of the job/employment market or a genuine eagerness to learn everything you can about it
- Able to look at complex data to inform decisions, create actionable goals, and evaluate impact
- Driving product through a user-centered design approach while balancing best design practices and meeting business goals
- Proficiency with current design/prototyping tools (Sketch, InVision, Figma, XD)
- Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions, tell compelling stories, and craft elegant presentations
- Knowledge of web and mobile design principles, and designing with a mobile-first approach
- Exceptional art/graphic design skills which highlight your creativity. Motion design experience and knowledge a plus
- Solid understanding of design best practices
- Ability to design with purpose and justify with executive stakeholders design decisions from a user-centered design perspective.
- App design experience a plus
- Have worked in entrepreneurial environments, as well as fast-paced, high-growth medium-sized organizations
- Knowledge and experience with creating and maintaining design style guides
- Knowledge and experience working in agile environment
- Appreciation and understanding of engineering constraints and how those factor into design approaches
Traits and Skills for This Role
- Solid analytical and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented, receptive to feedback and willingness to iterate
- Proactive communicator and empathetic listener
- Curious nature with the ability to ask questions, spot patterns, and seek process improvements
- Innate sense of ownership and accountability that leads you to follow issues to their resolutions
- Excellent communication skills for effective collaboration with a fully remote team
- Thoughtful, creative, positive, patient, and motivated
Traits Required of All Team Members, You Included
- A sense of pride in your work
- A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
- Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access, a fast computer, and phone access
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distractions
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- SIMPLE IRA with company match
- Flexible schedules and a generous time off policy
- Ability to work remotely
- Pay It Forward initiative (get paid to volunteer!)
- We offer many other supplemental benefits (critical illness, legal, etc) and stipends (office, wellness, professional development)
- Sustainable Office Perks
How to Apply
If this job description makes you feel as if it was written perfectly for you, then please apply! What we’ll need:
- An intro email/cover letter telling us why you want to work for FlexJobs (vs. another company)
- What makes you a great fit for this position
- What pay rate/salary would you be comfortable with
- A current resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .markdown, or .txt.
We respond to all applicants, so please check your spam folder or configure your gmail settings to set our email as safe to be sure you are getting our communications.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life.