Never or Rarely
Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates brand, is currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our Professional Services team. The Symitar Professional Services team provides new and custom development for ancillary products that complement our core processing system.
Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want if your work hours match US business hours. You can also choose to work from one of our offices if that’s preferred. You’ll get the chance to choose your own tools and contribute to products that are used by hundreds of thousands of people.
About Our Team
Our Professional Services Team provides Episys credit union clients with analyst and programming resources to assist clients with their custom programming requests. We create custom programs for Episys clients, as well as install, and support several custom products and services; most notably SymApp, Enhanced Loan and Membership Applications (ELA & EMA), Symform, and SymformPDF. We currently have over 20 custom products/services and several well-developed interfaces. We also manage the installation and support for several Episys core modules related to loan and new account processing, and forms.
As a JHA associate you are more than just an employee, you are a valued member of the organization that is dependent on you and your success! JHA stresses a company culture that encourages you to think outside the box and to grow in your professional career. As a JHA employee you will enjoy a casual and relaxed work environment, excellent benefits and a generous PTO plan that allows you to maintain a work life balance.
This position may be worked from any JHA location or Remote.
- Minimum of 3 years of technical experience in software development
- Experience with Angular.js
- Experience with Node.js
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Credit union industry and/or Episys experience
- Experience with Express.js
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with using git-based distributed version control systems in a collaborative environment
- Experience creating and consuming both SOAP and REST services
- Strong understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Good understanding of browser rendering behavior and performance
- Experience with responsive-design application development using grid system frameworks like Bootstrap
- Familiarity with software development lifecycles and Agile methods
- A constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Organizational and time management skills
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks, with minimal assistance and supervision, while remaining flexible to changing requirements
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.