Java Application Development Manager – remote
At Equian, we are developing the next generation of integrated technology solutions that brings data mining, data analytics, workflow, document management and process management into a seamless platform to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing business environment. We offer a competitive salary, bonus and benefit package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, a flexible Paid Time Off program, scheduled and floating holidays, educational assistance, wellness program and a 401(k) Plan with Company Match.
We are seeking experienced Lead Java Developer who will demonstrate their ability to lead application development teams and still hands on with development. In this role you’ll design, code and grow our backend services. We have a strong focus on security, reliability, scale and automation. We build UIs in Angular and services in Java using technologies like JAX-RS, WildFly, jBPM, and PostgreSQL. You will also be responsible for resolving bugs, write automated tests, implement new features and troubleshoot production issues.
Sorry, no visa sponsorship or visa transfers are being provided, and we are not utilizing 3rd-party agencies for current IT openings.
- 5+ years of software development experience in a lead or managerial role
- 8+ years designing and developing web applications in Java
- Heavy JPA and SQL database experience (PostgreSQL)
- Strong applied knowledge of microservice architecture
- Experience with every stage of software development process: design, architecture, deployment, code reviews, maintenance, documentation, etc.
- Angular 7
- WildFly 14 (or similar)
- Java EE API 8 (or similar)
- jBPM 7
- Docker EE & Containerization
- CSS (Sass, Less, or similar)
- SonarCube or equivalent toolset
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of Network & Security
- Linux Administration Experience
- Test-driven development
- Webservices integration
- Scrum development methodology
- Healthcare Experience