IT Support Technician
TECHNOLOGY – IT
eXp Realty is one of the fastest growing real estate brands in North America, with thousands of agents operating across the United States and Canada.
eXp Realty attracts the most talented people from all fields. Whether you’re a real estate professional, engineer, marketer, accountant or another field, you’ll be challenged and inspired every day. Join us on this incredible journey!
The IT Support Technician is responsible for the efficient handling of support requests pertaining to computer systems, software, and hardware used by eXp Realty staff. These systems include email and messaging communication, collaboration and document management, phone and networking, and specialized systems we license from various vendors. Critical to the success of this position will be the ability to effectively manage and process requests submitted to the help desk ticketing system in a prompt and professional manner. An understanding of networking, various operating systems, cloud services including Google G Suite, communications, remote management tools, and other technologies commonly used today will be vital to the success of the IT Support Technician.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide remote technical assistance for computer systems, software, and hardware
- Respond to help desk requests in a prompt and professional manner
- Provide basic hardware troubleshooting to corporate staff as needed
- Write technical documentation and knowledge base articles
- Process any adds, removes, or changes to staff accounts on the various company systems
- Deploy and maintain policies and security standards on all company-issued computer hardware and software
- Utilize remote monitoring and management software to efficiently troubleshoot and maintain software and hardware deployed throughout the company
- Escalate or direct help desk requests to the appropriate teams or departments
- Record events and problems and their resolution in ticket logs
- Provide accurate information on IT products, systems, or services
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by staff to management or the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements in procedures
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline and/or 3+ years of professional IT experience.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- 3+ years of professional IT experience
- Expertise in Microsoft Windows environment
- Working knowledge of help desk, remote monitoring and management, and antivirus software
- Hands on experience of installing IT hardware and software
- Confident and polished communications skills
- Experience with cloud-based services (Google G Suite, AWS, etc)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and process management skills
- Able to articulate complex concepts in a meaningful and understandable way
- High degree of creativity and problem-solving ability
- Able to manage priorities
- Able to define and achieve objectives
eXp Realty is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability or any other characteristic protected by law.