IT Support Specialist Level 2 – Microsoft Cloud (Office 365/Azure)
Location: Schaumburg, Illinois 60173
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00/year
Xerillion is a managed enterprise cloud service provider, specializing in Microsoft cloud solutions. We are a 6X gold, tier 1 Microsoft cloud solution provider and work on the most advanced Microsoft cloud technologies.
Microsoft Enterprise cloud is all we do! We primarily sell and service HP computers and Watchguard and Cisco Meraki firewalls.
We are looking for a smart, good-natured, US-based, full-time, Level 2 IT Support Specialist with experience setting up and supporting end users with their Windows PC’s, Mac’s, iPhones, and Androids connecting primarily to Microsoft 365 cloud services like Exchange Online, Sharepoint Online, Skype for Business Online, Microsoft Phone System, Microsoft Intune, Azure Active Directory, and sometimes Azure Virtual Machines.
We do not especially care where in the US that you live, though for this round of hiring, being in the metro Chicago area is preferred to help with local clients. We primarily care that you can work alongside our team 8am to 5pm Central Time and that if you are working from home, that you have a professional work environment.
These are the work from home environments we require:
- Fast HARDWIRED (**NO WIFI**) connection between your computer and your Internet router.
- Fast cable or fiber Internet connection at least 30Mb down, 10Mb up
- Home router that is 3 years or newer and that can prioritize voice internet traffic
- Three year or newer Windows 10 Pro computer running the latest build of Windows (build 1803)
- A headset with a boom mic that sits near your mouth for best voice quality to customers
- A quiet room you can close off from outside sounds: dogs barking, kids crying, noisy traffic, loud family members talking in the room next to you. Presenting a very professional image to clients, while providing our valuable team members work from home flexibility is a key goal.
These are the skills we are most interested in:
- Setting up an Office 365 user accounts and subscriptions
- Setting up SharePoint document libraries and permissions
- Supporting users accessing Office 365 services
- Windows 10 deployments and user computer setups
- Internet connectivity troubleshooting
- General troubleshooting of Windows OS, some MacOS, Android and iPhone mobile OS’s.
- Experience with Azure virtual machines
- Experience setting up users with the Microsoft Phone System
- Experience managing computers with Microsoft Intune
- Microsoft certifications like MCSA: Office 365
We are looking for someone that:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree, with a diploma copy they can easily locate to provide us
- Is OK to complete a criminal and drug background check
- US based only and a fluent English written and speaking grammar level
- Please note any technical certifications you have
Each engineer has 1 on-call rotation about every 10 weeks, taking on average 2-4 calls after-hours during the entire week (i.e, not many calls).
Training and certifications are extremely important to us and we have a training and certification plan we set each engineer on with goals and dates to meet the plan.
We have 9am morning video meeting huddles as well as company-wide all-hands meetings Friday afternoons every 2 weeks.
All of our meetings are done through Teams video meetings, and you will have a direct phone number and be connected into our phone system – which is why a very strong, fast Internet connection, with a fast computer and router, all hardwired with a good headset and boom mic are very important You will be working a lot on the phone.
We are a fun team at Xerillion and you’ll get the opportunity to work on a lot of interesting projects with Microsoft Cloud services.
This job comes with paid time off, paid holidays, medical/dental/retirement savings benefits.
If you do well with your training and supporting users, we will move you into project work over time.