Title: IT Software Developer
SALESFORCE DEVELOPER (Virtual / Work-from-home)
Position Location: Virtual (work-from-home). Prefer candidates living in Chicago, Denver, Oxnard, or Bowling Green, but all virtual candidate locations will be considered.
Camping World Job #188830
Key contributor to the development, implementation and support of our growing Salesforce.com footprint. Responsible for delivering world-class SalesForce solutions that optimize our investment in Salesforce, balancing business needs with technical complexity and cost. This position reports to our Vice President IT.
Camping World is a recognized by SalesForce as a thought leader and early adopter with platform applications in the Sales and Service clouds, commerce cloud, community cloud, platform cloud, marketing cloud and success cloud.
- Leverage your SalesForce development experience to initially support our Sales Cloud and Service Cloud deployments.
- Configure, administer and develop within Salesforce using Visualforce, Apex, API, SOQL, and workflows.
- Build lightning community pages, backend processes, triggers, and advanced API integrations with both SF native and external applications.
- Communicate with the business to ensure timely and effective delivery of Salesforce solutions consistent with business requirements.
- Understand and evaluate business requirements in context with our overall system solutions, including systems outside of Salesforce (Oracle ERP, IDS, Custom Quoting and Licensing, etc.)
- Perform gap analysis between business requirements and Salesforce functionality.
- Develop overall solution design options and recommendations, considering pros and cons (i.e. object structure, development of formulas, integration points, needs for nonnative functionality).
- Participate in design review meetings and evaluate technical requirements and options.
- Prepare comprehensive design specifications (functional specifications, solution design documents, technical design documents, etc.)
- Coordinate and negotiate solutions with crossfunctional leadership.
- Assist in the development of technical standards and guidelines for Salesforce.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Stay abreast of the current and future Salesforce feature set releases as well as industry trends making recommendations for the adoption of new features and technologies.
- 4 year degree in Computer Science or related technical field preferred. Experience and/or certifications will be considered in lieu of a degree. Preferred certifications include Salesforce Platform Developer 1, Platform App Builder and Platform Developer 2.
- Minimum 2 years full stack SalesForce.com development experience with at least 1 year of Lightning UI is required.
- Experience configuring, customizing and programming using Apex, VisualForce, Apex classes and triggers, Apex web services, API and SOQL. Solid understanding of Salesforce Connect to call external API. Experience with Apex data loader preferred.
- Experience with the design and architecture of custom solutions on the SFDC platform including experience with business systems integration, integration tools and application integration patterns.
- Requires a thorough understanding of the Salesforce platform with the ability to interact with business users to understand requirements and then translate them into design specifications.
- Salesforce administration, release management, and deployment expertise preferred.
- Experience with source revision control.
- Good understanding of how to map business processes within Salesforce.com.
- Ability to identify opportunities to enhance workflows.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applications like CRM, ERP, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce products and licensing models
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com best practices, support mechanisms, procedures, and limitations.
- Experience with management of Salesforce.com sandboxes, including their integrations.
- Thorough understanding of application development, project lifecycle, and SDLC methodologies.
- Ability to analyze complex systems as well as troubleshoot and isolate system issues.
- Experience with Chatter, Communities, and other Salesforce apps.
- Outstanding communication and team collaboration skills required.
ABOUT CAMPING WORLD
The outdoors is a big place and just as it offers endless adventures, so does our company. Camping World is the premier one-stop-shop for everything RV. Along with RV parts and accessories, we also offer a full selection of new and used RVs for sale; service centers with over 1,900 bays and over 1,600 technicians on staff; over 100 collision centers; RV Spa detail and refurbishment centers; technical advice from knowledgeable experts and hard-to-find parts.
As the RV industry leader, Camping World is always looking for new and better ways to enhance your RV and outdoor experience. Camping World is a big place, just like the great outdoors. We make it our mission to equip you for it. We’ve got an awesome team already, but there’s always room for more!
We promote a drug-free work environment. Competitive pay based on experience.
We don’t just accept diversity we support it, celebrate it and thrive on it for the benefit of our associates, our customers and our company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we strive to think outside and not simply check the box.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled