IT Services System Engineer
*Please read the job requirements below, and then follow our application instructions exactly. Your attention to detail will show us that you are serious and that you will serve our customers well.
WHO WE ARE:
Alternative Technologies has been a leader for more than 25 years in providing help to progressive nonprofits in the San Francisco Bay Area. We serve an extremely diverse clientele with all kinds of different budgets and network configurations. Our clients are all working hard toward a common goal of making the world a better place. Our team is energetic, funny, creative, hard-working, and rapidly growing.
WHAT WE OFFER:
The chance to work 100% from home while still being connected to a lively, casual, distinctly non-corporate work culture; fabulous, funny, hard-working co-workers dedicated to making the world a better place; a never-boring job with continuous opportunities for learning and growth; an opportunity to work closely every day with an incredible variety of organizations that are working passionately for a better world; and a diverse array of hosted social activities throughout the year.
- We also offer a salary of $65,000-$85,000/year (depending on your exact skills and experience).
- For this role we will provide an IP phone with an extension on our network, a workstation (unless you prefer to use your own), and a stipend for office equipment and supplies.
- Our generous benefits include paid vacation and sick leave; full medical and dental plans; long-term disability, life, and AD&D insurance; and a 401(k) with company matching.
WHAT YOU’LL DO HERE
Serve as the technical lead for email/server migrations and other projects, handle escalated tickets from field and help desk technicians, consult with account managers on the best ways to improve client environments, make large scale changes with our automation software, and generally make the world a better place by helping nonprofits get their work done.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A smart, curious, caring and people-oriented person who appreciates and admires the work of progressive nonprofits.
- You have an ability to see beyond immediate issues and suggest long-term, proactive solutions.
- You will own client issues until they are fully resolved.
- You’re naturally curious and enjoy staying current on the ever-changing landscape of technology.
- You have excellent communication skills, grace under pressure, and a good sense of humor.
- We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBT community and others not often seen in the IT world to apply.
You should have a thorough understanding of:
- Windows Server domain architecture through Server 2016, including Hyper-V
- Exchange server administration, troubleshooting, migration including Office 365
- Extensive experience with Sonicwall including VLAN setups, WAN failover and HA configuration
- Expert level TCP/IP and DNS knowledge
- Experience installing, administering and migrating to/from Google Apps, Office 365, Box.net
- Sharepoint administration
Also great if you have experience with:
- Building or maintaining VDI/VDE/IaaS environments
- Experience with Powershell
- Connectwise PSA or Labtech RMM knowledge (especially scripting)