IT Quality Assurance Manager
Region: Remote/Offsite Employee
Location: Remote Employee
Employment Duration: Full-time
As an IT Quality Assurance Manager, you organize and inspire the Quality Assurance team through your passion, energy and positive attitude. You have a vision for what it will take to make our Quality Assurance position world class and know what path to follow to make this vision a reality. You direct the team by focusing on people, process and technology. While you know each of these focuses is critical to success, you believe that people are your most important asset, and thus guide work activities for high job satisfaction, career growth and development. You spend the majority of your time managing and mentoring your team focusing on both tactical and strategic initiatives, while potentially participating in hands on testing as required.
As an IT Quality Assurance Manager, you will:
- Provide the vision for a Quality Assurance strategy and roadmap that is realistic, achievable, and consistent with the current business climate.
- Drive efficiencies in testing including the identification and implementation of automated test strategies and other software tools to increase testing effectiveness.
- Understand the inter-dependencies that exist in the IT knowledge areas in order to be able to guide decisions and actions within your domain to maximize these dependencies.
- Create and sustain a motivating environment by encouraging all team members to contribute, listening to their ideas, empowering decision making through delegation and entrusting in their abilities to meet stated objectives.
- Demand excellence by establishing goals, training, and performance metrics, which will be used to increase job satisfaction and career development for each member of the team.
- Generate synergy within the Quality Assurance team, IT and all other departments within the company.
- Constantly think of practical ways to stay ahead of technological trends through enhancing the effectiveness of existing technology or through the adoption of new technology.
- Think of innovate ways to integrate, enhance, expand and utilize quality assurance efforts within our existing or future state IT landscape.
As an IT Quality Assurance Manager, you must have:
- Current technical certification or recent training in Information Technology or directly related field.
- 5+ years of directly related IT quality assurance experience.
- Expert knowledge of IT quality assurance governance processes and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of various types of testing including user, functional, regression, unit, stress, load, black box, white box, manual and automated testing techniques.
- Excellent verbal, written and graphical communication skills.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or directly related field.
What else you can expect:
- Requires sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Extensive use of a computer and repetitive hand movements in the performance of duties.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of material weighing up to twenty pounds may be required
Equipment Operated: Personal computer, printers, fax, copier and telephone
Environmental Factors: None
As a CyraCom Employee, you will be:
- Customer Service Focused – you know that timely accurate responses and relentless follow through to those in need is critical to providing excellent customer service.
- Positive – your glass is half full and you impart this attitude with everyone you interface with to build positive rapport.
- Patient – You understand everyone is not as technically savvy as you are and so you exercise significant patience and diligence.
- An Active Listener – you know that listening is the first key in trying to find the cause to a problem and use this to your advantage when asking questions to determine root cause.
- A Team Player – you understand the basics tenets of being a great teammate including being collaborative, having an open mind and doing your part.
- Self-Managed – you know best how to manage your time and workload to be as effective and efficient as possible in a fast paced ever changing environment. You understand time management, communication and attendance are critical in this position.
Duties not listed in this position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of management . The incumbent may delegate all or any of his/her duties to qualified personnel; however, such delegation does not relieve him/her of overall responsibility and accountability for the successful conduct of those duties.
WHY WORK FOR CYRACOM?
CyraCom International, Inc. is the leading provider of language interpreting services and operates the most extensive network of large-scale interpreter contact centers. CyraCom impacts the lives of millions in the United States by connecting those with limited English proficiency to critical services. In business since 1995, CyraCom services thousands of clients throughout the US, Canada, and Europe. The Company was named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the United States for a ninth year in a row and eleventh time overall in 2017.
“We make a difference every day.”
CyraCom team members help thousands of people communicate every day by removing cultural and linguistic barriers in all levels of every day conversation. We ensure high levels of accessibility by providing interpretation services over the phone, through video, and on-site at our client locations. We work relentlessly to provide the support and infrastructure necessary to ensure people can communicate at a moment’s notice, because at any time our service could be needed in a life-saving event. Our hundreds of clients span numerous industries, including hospitals, banks, insurers, entertainment companies, and government agencies.
Our employees most often say three things:
- Culture: You have the resources of a large company with the flexibility and excitement of a start-up.
- Impact: Your contributions matter; people notice the changes and improvements you create.
- Meaning: Your work ultimately helps improve the lives of millions in the United States – CyraCom helps those who cannot communicate normally to access to healthcare and other vital services.
We value our employees and believe that an enjoyable work environment is beneficial to all. Here are some ways we contribute to that goal:
- We celebrate our diverse workforce.
- We encourage our employees’ professional and personal growth, including tuition reimbursement and internal promotions
- We provide a “business casual” dress code (with “casual Fridays”).
- On occasion, CyraCom provides a professionally catered luncheon for employees at each of our locations.
- CyraCom also sponsors occasional “Spirit Days” customized for each location and its employees.
CyraCom provides a generous menu of benefits from which you can pick and choose what is best for you and your family, including Medical, Rx, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Disability, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance, Employee Referral Program, Tuition Reimbursement, and professional development.
CyraCom also provides competitive salaries, along with discretionary bonuses based on individual and company performance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CyraCom International, Inc.’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind. CyraCom International, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. CyraCom International, Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace.