IT Lead – Data Network Software Developer
Raritan, New Jersey, United States
Requisition ID: 00001E8E
Johnson & Johnson Technology Services is recruiting for a IT Lead – Data Network Software Developer.
This position can be performed remotely in North America.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science — bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The IT Lead – Data Network Software Developer is responsible for conversion of business requirements into functional software and implementation scripts aligned to J&J’s enterprise strategies and standards. The candidate is responsible for supporting the development and deployment of network automation platforms with adherence to J&J’s technical and solution standards.
The candidate must be able to transform complex problems and abstract concepts into executable technology solutions. In this role, the candidate will be a critical part of owning, automating & delivering network capabilities to the organization. The ideal candidate will be experienced in large scale software and solution development for network infrastructures with a strong motivation for automation.
- (20%) Design and implement software frameworks and tools to facilitate configuration and management of JNJs production networks
- (20%) Develop server APIs and features for accelerating network deployment and fault correction systems as well as facilitating inter connectivity between other infrastructure platforms
- (20%) Create & document Scripts/Tools for network automation pipeline and follow the JNJ SDLC/Q&C process to have them validated and deployed in production
- (15%) Debug problems related to network library and multi-thread programming
- (15%) Must perform unit and integration testing with JNJ’s element management, alerting, ticketing and incident management systems
- (10%) Mentor more junior staff in network automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Communicate the progress of your work to your peers, customers, and leads
- Provide self-assessment on how to improve their own performance
- Mentor junior programmers on facilitating automation as a strategy
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 6 years of related experience is required
- Experience designing, installing and/or managing a highly available global production infrastructure
- Experience programming and developing automation software for a highly available global production infrastructure
- Experience in tooling and automation development supporting zero touch and power-on auto provisioning
- Relevant work experience, including Unix systems administration with scripting experience in Shell, Ruby, Python or GO.
- Experience in managing and manipulating big data platforms as well as time scale DBs
- Experience in data modeling and manipulation in JSON/XML/REST etc. is required
- Knowledge or demonstrated experience with software/cloud applications, migration to public cloud services as well as application development methodologies
- Solid understanding of infrastructure protocols TCP/IP, application protocols (HTTP/S, LDAP, SNMP, etc.) as well as networking platforms from Cisco, Arista, Juniper, F5, Palo Alto, Infoblox etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill with experience presenting highly conceptual designs to executives, mid-level management’s, and peer engineers
- Versed in a variety of hardware and software manufacturers, and a high degree of comfort and experience in mixed vendor environments e.g. Cisco, Arista, Juniper, F5, Palo Alto as well as developing and deploying solutions on open source technology.
- Demonstrable experience in network and infrastructure planning and development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly terms
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Primary Location United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Other Locations North America
Organization Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)
Job Function Info Technology
Requisition ID 00001E8E