IT Full-Stack Developer – SOTF
Job Locations US-NE-Lincoln | US-CO-Highlands Ranch | US-Remote
# of Openings
As a Full-stack Developer at Nelnet, you will build the next generation platform in the lending industry. You will work closely with Product Owners, Scrum Masters and other team members to better understand their needs in order to create new products that will impact the life of millions of customers. You will participate the development of cloud native products using microservices architecture and other leading edge technologies and practices.
- Architect solutions and execution through hands-on development, quality assurance, and prototyping
- Deliver code in an Agile software development using test-driven development methodologies.
- Participate in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release.
- Partner closely with product to craft great product experiences.
- Participate and promote architectural initiatives, balancing long-term velocity with short-term customer needs.
- 3 years current experience building single page applications with popular JS frameworks and libraries (React, Angular, Ember, Babel, Webpack, Underscore, etc.).
- Previous experience with Microservices, preferably with frameworks such as Seneca.js or Moleculer
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Solid fundamental understanding of testing (including stubbing, functional, unit, and e2e)
- Practical experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST)
- Experience using CI/CD tools and systems such as Jenkins, Hudson, GitLab, GitHub, etc.•
- Experience with HTML5, CSS3, SASS/LESS, Bootstrap, and cross-browser and device development
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well.
- Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, motivation, and passion
- Strong database knowledge (table design, complex query creation, best practices)