IT Director at Hearsay Systems
- REMOTE, UNITED STATES
Hearsay is looking to hire a hands-on IT Director to lead the IT strategy for our growing employee base. As our IT Director, you will build & lead a team of IT professionals to create, deploy, and manage our company IT systems and policies, working closely with other departments to take into account their needs and capabilities.
About Hearsay Systems
Founded in 2009 by Clara Shih and Steve Garrity, and helmed by CEO Mike Boese, Hearsay Systems leads the field in offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. We are a tightly knit and dedicated group that passionately believes in our products, our people, and our culture. Our products engage customers across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram, email, text, and voice. And every product syncs beautifully to Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, and other CRM systems.
Hearsay is used by more than 170,000 financial advisors and insurance agents. Our clients include Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate. We enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
About the role:
- Drive employee productivity by decreasing time-to-productivity for new hires
- Making important IT and corporate information more accessible on-demand, e.g. make it easier for employees to locate and understand corporate policies, how-to or self-help procedures for common issues, etc.
- Rapidly responding to changing needs and preferences from employees and the business
- Making IT services quick and easy to obtain or ideally self-service / automated
- Maintain IT policies, procedures and technologies (both for corporate IT and the business as a whole) sufficient to obtain “clean” audit reports for AICPA SOC 2 and in the future other criteria such as ISO 27001 – Note: Specifically excludes taking sole responsibility for the Hearsay SaaS services (“the product”) which must be a joint accountability with the Engineering team.
- Partner with legal and sales operation teams to ensure our corporate IT information security program is explainable and defensible to some of the largest Financial Services organizations in the world — while maintaining the operational agility of a startup
- Manage corporate spending on IT systems and services so that our default IT spend is stable or decreasing over time on a per-employee basis by aggressively negotiating discounts, consolidating functionally equivalent abilities and keeping a keen eye on where the market is going
- Partner with the business to understand when we’ll need to spend more to get specific results — and build robust programs to evaluate and ensure we’re achieving them
- 4+ years managing and being responsible for the outcomes of a team of IT professionals
- Strong hands-on IT background — this role will require a person who can roll up their sleeves and contribute, not just manage people & policies
- Extensive experience with modern IT tools and best practices
- Experience leading the creation and execution of IT policies in a corporate setting
- Strong opinions about how IT policies & procedures should be handled and executed
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!