IT Columnist at JumpCloud
- Location: Remote, US
- REMOTE / MARKETING / FULL TIME
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems using the latest technologies within a great team? Is knowing your work will be highly visible and mission critical a key component for the next step in your career? At JumpCloud, we’re looking for best-in-class talent to help define the future of modern identity and device management from the ground up.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. JumpCloud has a global user base of more than 100,000 organizations, with over 3,000 customers including Cars.com, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight, Beyond Finance and Foursquare. JumpCloud is backed by BlackRock, General Atlantic, OpenView, and Foundry Group.
The SEO & Content Team is made up of writers, videographers and SEO experts working within the Marketing department of JumpCloud. Our team is responsible for the initial journey our audience takes when they first meet JumpCloud, from search results and third party referral sites, through their various sessions across the website and onward as they engage further, return later for more and prepare to jump into our product experience to test it for themselves.
This team drives our content and SEO strategy, determining what kinds of content to produce, the associated topics to cover, and the techniques and tactics we use to rank well in organic search. We also work cross-functionally to support the efforts of all other teams and departments across JumpCloud. We execute on that strategy through a mix of in-house and freelance support.
What You’ll Be Doing
Our IT columnist role presents a unique opportunity to blend your passion for writing with your past experiences working in an IT setting. In this role, you’ll represent yourself and share your experiences, challenges and advice on a range of topics related to performing the duties and responsibilities of IT admins and IT leadership everywhere. In particular, you’ll write about the many aspects of the job that don’t directly relate to technology; instead, we want you to share your thoughts and advice on topics like:
- Best practices for project planning, setting priorities and adjusting plans in the moment
- How to budget and project IT spend
- How to best work with end users and C-suite/leadership
- How to build and manage a team
- How to develop/refine company policies for technology use (and how to best roll them out)
- How to tackle compliance projects and ongoing audits
- and more!
In this role you will become a face that our Community and larger audience of SME (small to medium sized enterprises) IT admins will look to as a thought leader and guide for the areas of the job that may not be what most folks in IT are thinking about when they enter the field.
You’ll produce regular written articles, which could incorporate video and associated graphics, templates and tutorials wherever appropriate. Wherever needed you will have the SEO & Content team to collaborate with.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Become a JumpCloud Directory Platform subject matter expert
- Author weekly blogs that highlight the ins and outs of an IT admin’s job outside the scope of technology implementation
- Star in videos to establish yourself among our Community and broader audience
- Provide perspective and thought leadership for the larger Marketing organization
- Support other content creators by reviewing work for technical accuracy
- 3-7 years experience working in a technical environment as an IT administrator, either as an independent contributor or in a managerial or leadership capacity
- 1-3 years writing experience
- Familiarity with screen, video and audio recording techniques
- Team Player
- Self Driven
- Efficient communicator able to influence others
- Degree in computer science or related technical field a plus
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role, depending on individual candidate level and experience, is $100-120k, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working
All our roles are remote in the U.S. unless otherwise specified. Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote (in the U.S.), work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!