IT Business Analyst – Quality Assurance at Nelnet
IT Business Analyst – Quality Assurance
Job Locations: US-NE-Lincoln | US-NE-Omaha | US-Remote
Job ID: 2020-9819
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. Develops or modifies moderately complex information systems. Bridge between client’s business needs and the technical capabilities of our team.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs.
- Performs requirements analysis
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Documents requirements, evaluates scenarios, and executes changes needed to respond to requirements.
- Conducts meetings and presentations to share and review ideas and findings.
- Creates and updates system documentation.
- Drives testing.
- Responsible for performing any aspect of Quality Assurance including Software Quality Assurance, QA program Implementation, Testing, Verification, and Validation.
- Identifies test scenarios, test scripts, and defines Acceptance Criteria for use in test cycles.
- Write appropriate test scenarios, test scripts, and analyze test results.
- Summarizes and communicates testing outcomes in meaningful ways.
- Accurately report defects found during testing.
- Report, track, and determine priority of reported bugs.
- Acts as liaison among clients, operations, and technical staff.
- Communicate and collaborate with other testers, team members and other technical teams.
- Develop and maintain test plans, manual and automated test scripts (as required) for functional, interface and user acceptance testing.
- Execute regression tests, functional tests, and data tests.
- Facilitate and lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Perform various types of testing including functional, system integration, regression and User Acceptance.
- Assist with testing and support activities related to the implementation.
- Provide feedback on usability.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or commensurate experience.
3 to 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst or Systems Analyst or detailed working knowledge of several system functions. Good working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet tools, SQL, HTML, Adobe Acrobat, and the internet.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Strong consensus building, multi-tasking, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with both technical staff and clients.
- Self-directed and highly motivated.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Knowledge in the area of NIST compliance strongly desired.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business functions.
- Ability to perform effectively in a team-oriented environment. Experience with Agile strongly desired.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!