Title: iOS Software Engineer
Location: San Francisco or Remote
Doximity’s Mobile Team
At Doximity, we put mobile first. We have built and maintain a suite of fully-native iOS and Android apps that healthcare professionals use on a daily basis to increase productivity and provide better patient care.
We have just released our brand new flagship iOS app! It was re-designed and re-architected from the ground up, with an entirely new code base written 100% in Swift. Click here to see more information about our stack.
We have several interesting projects in the pipeline and are looking for a talented iOS Software Engineer to join our growing team of 10 mobile engineers. Doximity is based in San Francisco, CA, but remote applicants are welcomed!
We value diversity in backgrounds and in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, and we need people from all backgrounds to help build the future of healthcare.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, QA, and other developers to drive mobile projects from beginning to end
- You’ll be included in decision-making and will weigh in on balancing factors like scope, complexity, and timing
- You’ll architect your code in a way that encourages and allows for flexible, modular, and reusable code
- You’ll encourage growth within the team by participating in mentorship, knowledge sharing, and thorough code reviews
- You’ll help keep our apps robust by writing tests, monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting bugs
What we’re looking for:
- You have 3+ years of professional experience developing software for the iOS platform
- You feel at home writing Swift code and are comfortable maintaining Objective-C code
- You have experience with Functional Reactive Programming using ReactiveCocoa, ReactiveSwift, RxSwift, or other FRP frameworks
- You have strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, memory management, concurrency
- You have a disciplined approach to development: you consistently write unit tests, document your code, and follow team processes
- You are well-versed in Auto Layout and can build complex layouts using UIKit
- Given a UI design, you can propose API endpoints and responses for the optimal mobile experience
- You put security first, with a deep understanding of mobile vulnerabilities and how to protect our apps against them
- You are a team player: you care about others’ projects as your own and take time to brainstorm and debug with teammates
- You are passionate about the iOS platform: you stay on top of the latest iOS updates and are excited to experiment with new technologies as they become available
- You are a problem solver and are on the lookout for ways to improve the code, the processes, and the team
- If remote, you can maintain a minimum of 5 hours overlap with 9:30 to 5:30 PM PST
- You can dedicate about 18 days per year for travel to company events
Nice to have:
- You have an understanding of various mobile architectural patterns (MV*, VIPER)
- You have used technologies such as ReSwift, Texture, GraphQL, and Apollo
- You are able to leverage Instruments to troubleshoot memory leaks and slowdowns in app performance
- You have used Cocoapods for dependency management in your own projects
- You have experience with Core Data, Realm, or other forms of persistent storage
Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited Discretionary Time Off
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, vision, dental, Life/ADD, 401k, flex spending accounts, commuter benefits, equipment budget, and continuous education budget
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- Work from home Wednesdays
- .. and much more! For a full list, see our career page
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing fast, and there’s plenty of opportunities for you to make an impact join us!
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.