iOS Engineer at Granular
More than seven billion people depend on farms for healthy and affordable food. By 2050, the global population will surpass nine billion and farmers will need new ways to deliver on this surging demand. They’ll be seeking options that both sustain the environment and help them to be economically viable, and are increasingly turning to the world’s leading Farm Management Software (FMS), Granular.
As an organization, we are committed to delivering the most innovative and industry leading digital products that our customers will love.
As an iOS Engineer at Granular, you will help build our brand new app from the ground up! Working closely with team members in engineering, product, and design, you’ll advance our modular framework of building blocks for mobile architecture. Interested in Kotlin Multiplatform? We are committed to sharing as much pure business logic as possible, though you’ll still get to hone your Swift skills in working with UI and other platform-specific code. This role is integral to Granular’s success and is a unique opportunity to join a mission-focused, dynamic, and creative team!
At Granular, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a top-tier leadership team with proven entrepreneurial expertise to reshape the $3 trillion agriculture industry. We’re growing quickly, and expanding our team. Currently, we’re operating in an employee-focused response to COVID-19, with 100% remote work until it is safe to return to the office. We’re looking for proactive, intellectual, and versatile individuals to join our team to improve the lives of our farmers.
What You’ll Get To Do:
- Develop your Swift experience while learning Kotlin Multiplatform.
- Influence, build, and own product features and technical design.
- Engage in mentorship to develop and refine your skillset, while offering your own perspective.
- Deliver well-designed, maintainable solutions in a Lean/Agile environment, on a small team with light process.
- Produce high-quality software that is unit-tested and code-reviewed.
Who You Will Do It With:
- You will be placed in a team with other fellow iOS and Android developers to build customer facing features in our flagship product
- You will get to solve various challenges farmers face everyday and help them run their farm more efficiently with each feature you develop.
- You will collaborate with product managers, designers, and QA engineers to build world class software.
Who You Are:
- 1+ years of software development experience.
- Prior experience in shipping professional applications to the App Store with at least one app currently listed.
- Attention to detail in code quality and translating design wireframes to native implementation.
- Functional knowledge of the iOS platform, Swift 5, and working with iPad.
- Desire to gain experience in how mobile apps work in the real world, including unreliable network coverage, location services, different device capabilities, battery life, and performance tuning.
- User-centric approach to app development.
- Familiarity with API design.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to take initiative and build strong, positive relationships.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent experience. We know great engineers come from many walks of life.
Perks and Benefits:
- Upward mobility. We are growing and need talent who can take on increasingly challenging and rewarding roles
- Generous Vacation
- 401k Matching Program
- Employer sponsored Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Vision, Dental and Dependent Care FSA
- Family, Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Learning Programs and Individual Development Support
- Open floor plan and dog-friendly offices
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!