iOS Developer at FlexJobs
Who We Are
Our mission is to improve the future of work by helping people find flexible jobs that make their lives better. We are committed to doing this internally and externally with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In the past 13 years, FlexJobs has established itself as the leader in the professional flexible job market to help job seekers connect with employers that offer these highly desired arrangements, as well as to help employers reach these candidates. We do this in a way that makes the job search experience easier, safer, and faster for job seekers, by utilizing both technology and human intelligence to provide a friendly, effective, and valuable service.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk! This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Not only that, but having a great company culture is really important to us, and we’ve even been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about our current team, you can explore our Team & Culture page.
Responsibilities of the Job – The Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced iOS developer to join our team. This person will work with our product and development teams to build quality applications, fix bugs, maintain the code, and implement updates as needed.
The ideal candidate will have been a lead app developer or be someone who worked independently. We are looking for someone who has built apps that are currently available in the App Store.
- 3-5 years of experience in iOS development
- Fluent in Swift, SwiftUI, and UIKit
- Experience with mobile app networking, storage, and Cocoapods
- Must have worked on recent consumer-facing projects
- Experience working with a small and/or entrepreneurially spirited company
Bonus Points Given
- Experience in the job/employment space
- Experience with subscription-based apps
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
Traits and Skills for This Role
- Must be comfortable working independently and in small teams
- Ability to work quickly and responsibly to meet deadlines and follow timelines
- You have to really love coding…like, you need to be one of those people who writes code for fun
Traits Required of All Team Members, You Included
- A sense of pride in your work
- A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
- Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office with a reliable development environment
- A workspace in which you can really focus without distractions
How to Apply
If this job description makes you feel as if it was written perfectly for you, then please apply! What we’ll need:
- An intro email/cover letter telling us why you want to work for FlexJobs (vs. another company), including what your remote work experience has been
- A portfolio of your work, including projects that are currently in the App Store
- What hourly rate or salary you would be comfortable with
- A current resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, markdown, or .txt
Applications can be sent through FlexJobs or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criteria and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!