Investigative Editor at First Advantage
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
First Advantage is the world’s largest provider of comprehensive background screening, identity and information solutions that give employers and housing providers access to trusted information for making faster, more accurate people decisions.
Leveraging our advanced global technology platform and customer service experts throughout the world, we build fully scalable, configurable screening programs that meet the unique needs of over 45,000 client organizations. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA. First Advantage has offices throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position will research data compiled by other First Advantage departments and conduct their own supplemental investigative research in order to write analytical, narrative report summaries. Review all research results to confirm or reject the findings and make the determination of what information is ultimately included in the final written report that is delivered to the client. Occasionally conducts interviews with individuals determined to have knowledge of the subjects’ business histories for inclusion in the final report. In addition to writing reports that include detailed summaries of news media and litigation, the role will also conduct a qualitative and comprehensive review and in-depth scrutiny of product content for accuracy, comprehensiveness, readability and compliance with company policy. In addition to having S strong analytical and organizational skills, the ideal candidate will have a high level of proficiency in the following: writing/editing, communication, attention to detail, decision-making, and problem-solving. Employee will help to develop and train new talent and help create and sculpt products according to client feedback.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze reports for accurate content, comprehensiveness, and compliance. Edit the content, and all formatting, and copy errors
- Present analysis of data in concise written narratives within strict deadlines while conforming to standard phraseology and written standards
- Conduct supplemental research via Lexis, Google, and directly contacting third parties; collaborate with other departments in developing supplemental data
- Locate and suggest potential interview subjects in written reports and conduct interviews with individuals determined to have knowledge of the subjects’ business histories
- Train new team members and assess performance
Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience. Degrees with a strong focus on writing and research such as journalism, English, or history preferred. Preferred experience in writing/editing.
Minimum 4 years of experience in a journalism, writing, editorial or due diligence equivalent.
Strong computer-based research and writing skills required. Entry-level candidates who demonstrate strong academic research and writing skills will be considered.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, or Certifications:
- Proven Analytical skills.
- Previous experience using LexisNexis strongly desired.
- Proficiency in Word and Outlook
- Editing, journalism experience preferred.
- Must possess a high degree of attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task along with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter: proactive in solving problems, self-motivated to achieve individual and organizational goals
- Ability to perform under pressure to meet deadlines, multi-task
- Preferred: basic knowledge of Salesforce
This role is largely a sedentary in nature. The role requires the ability to lift and/or carry equipment and files up to 20 pounds, walk, bend or stand as necessary.
Supervisory Responsibilities :
No direct supervisory responsibilities. The position will require some work process management and performance feedback to be shared with other IR work functions.
- FULL-TIME/PART-TIME: Full-Time
- POSITION: Investigative Editor
- REQ NUMBER: OPE-21-00037
- LOCATION: Remote
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!