International Master in Public Health Adjunct Faculty Instructor at Indiana Wesleyan University - IWU
International MPH Adjunct Faculty Instructor – Online
The School of Health Sciences is seeking instructors with the Master’s degrees in Public Health (MPH) or Health of Science in Public Health (MSPH) to educate MPH students (International Cohort) in the foundational public health competencies. We are seeking qualified instructors in the following general areas:
- Environmental Health
- Social and Behavioral Health
- Healthcare Administration & Management
- Public Health Policy
- Public Health Ethics
- Global Health
Courses are taught primarily through an online modality during 8-weeks duration. The instructor with a general MPH or MSPH degree will also be expected to educate adult learners by teaching one or more graduate public health courses, primarily through an online modality with the possibility to add a broad-spectrum of public health general courses. We emphasize academic excellence as well as compassion and enthusiasm for our dynamic student body.
Adjunct faculty members will:
- Demonstrate expertise in his or her content area
- Facilitate engaging individual and group instructional activities
- Motivate students to active participate in all aspect of the educational process.
- Assist students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Utilize appropriate technology for instruction (e.g. Learning Management System, such as BrightSpace, and Internet Resources)
- Incorporate Biblical principles into the content area
- Communicate with all IWU constituents in a professional and academic manner
- Take advantage of teaching moments and other communication opportunities using weekly announcements and emails.
- Assist students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
- Respond to student questions within 24 hours of requests.
- Grade student assignments, giving substantive feedback and critical evaluation, within one week of the due date for the assignment
- Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies
- We are seeking applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to building and cultivating diversity through leadership, teaching and/or service.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
Education: Master in Public Health (MPH) or Master of Science in Public Health (MSPH) or Doctor in Public Health, preferably in the respective discipline, from an accredited institution required. Teaching experience in the subject area at the college level is highly desirable, with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline.
Work Experience: Minimum of three years of work experience in the field of Public Health Practice. Experience training adult learners using a learning management system is preferred.
Professional Credentials: Professional Credentials: English Proficiency (reading, writing, speaking)
- Demonstrated knowledge of online educational delivery tools.
- Demonstrated teaching abilities.
- Demonstrated higher education experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learners.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to education and working with diverse populations.
We are seeking applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to building and cultivating diversity through leadership, teaching and/or service.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!