International Consultant on Climate Change Vulnerability and DRR at Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations - FAO
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: 2000179
International Consultant on Climate Change Vulnerability and DRR
Organizational Unit: REU
: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: Consultant / PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
Grade Level: N/A
Duration: 75 days on WAE basis
Post Number: N/A
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
Under the direct technical supervision of the LTO for the project TCP/SRB/3705 “Building Resilience of Agricultural Sector to Natural Disasters and Climate Change Impacts” and in close consultation with the National Project Coordinator for Serbia and REU Programme Specialist, the International Consultant on Climate Change Vulnerability will be responsible for providing technical inputs and guidance to collect data and conduct the analysis on Climate change vulnerability in Serbian’s municipalities.
Under the direct technical supervision of the LTO for the project TCP/SRB/3705 “Building Resilience of Agricultural Sector to Natural Disasters and Climate Change Impacts” and in close consultation with the National Project Coordinator for Serbia and REU Programme Specialist, the International Consultant on Climate Change Vulnerability will carry out the following activities:
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Analyse secondary data available in the government and other relevant sources to evaluate social and economic vulnerability derivate from the mains climate treats
- Definition of the social and economic indicators of vulnerability in order to elaborate a raking of the municipalities based on its CC vulnerability
- Organize the validation workshop with stakeholders for complementation of information/missing data
- Prepare the raking of the municipalities based on the indicators selected
- Attend the round table to present the finding, methodology and results
- Develop recommendations for the way forward and how to mitigate the impacts based on the available policies and systematized information
- Prepare training materials on DRR in agriculture including (but not restrictive to) ecosystem restoration and protection approaches, ecosystem-based disaster risk reduction. Also all the training material should include GAEC and SRM when possible. The training will be targeting advisory services.
- Prepare the technical content of 3 national trainings for rural extension agents, deliver content and coordinate the trainings
- 1st training will level up the awareness on the concepts and content of CSA and DRR in agriculture sector
- 2nd and 3rd sub-sequential, sub regional trainings will be practical
- Carry out other activities within his/her technical competence as requested by the LTO.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree(s) in economics, agriculture, natural resources, sustainable development, climate policy or related fields.
- A minimum of 7 years work experience in climate change, DDR and vulnerability, preferably in Balkan’s countries
- Working knowledge of English is required.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Additional Selection Criteria
- Ability to work on international teams and with remote supervision.
- Computer skills (WordPerfect, PowerPoint, Excel, Skype)
- Basic knowledge of Serbian language will be considered an asset.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
Candidates should upload language certificate/s when submitting their application.
For more information, visit the FAO employment website
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline
If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!