We’re looking to add to our growing team to help empower designers like you, shape our culture, and define the future of design.
As an interaction designer for Sketch, you will have the opportunity to impact the entire platform’s experience as part of our small design team – whether that be features individual designers are interacting with, to solving problems in minimizing friction across the design organization.
The perfect person for this role should be able to demonstrate a track record of meeting customer’s needs by coming up with solutions that work across different contexts, and can communicate design decisions remotely as part of a close-knit team.
This is a permanent, full-time role.
- Highly skilled at designing and defining experiences and interactions. You’re comfortable delving deep into complex ideas and making them tangible for everyday use whilst taming rogue edge cases.
- A meticulous eye for detail that goes beyond the surface. You can identify consistency and cohesion in an experience across platforms and systems.
- Ability to make informed decisions based on the needs of our customers while acknowledging the limitations of a growing team and a fast paced development process.
- You can value delivery over perfection. Frequent updates are a habit, and design is never really done – you know when it is ready to ship something without compromising on its quality.
- You’re a great communicator. As part of a remote team, excellent written and verbal communication is necessary not only for collaborating but to validate decisions and ideas.
- Comfortable to work remotely. We are a fully distributed company and do our best work when collaborating together on European/African timezones.
- We strongly believe in the power of a great portfolio. Ones that not only show your best work but also tell us about it. We are just as interested in solutions that didn’t make the cut, as well as those that shipped to get to learn about you and your work.
- Experience with service design. Supporting the whole journey across roles and contexts.
- Interest or background in user experience research which can be used to inform direction.
- Copywriting and microcopy skills. You know what is OK and not Ok.
- Interest and awareness in designing for global audiences.
- Experience with designing for growth and onboarding.
- Industry knowledge with an understanding of design tooling, systems, and trends.
Over one million designers—from freelancers, to some of the largest companies in the world—use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products, every day.
We started Sketch back in 2011 and since then have become an industry standard, paving the way for design tools today. In March this year, we raised $20 million in Series A funding from Benchmark to help us build a platform to empower designers to share and collaborate on their designs and work better, together.
We’re a company that strongly believes in equal opportunities, and are passionate about creating an environment that is safe, diverse, and inclusive. Our team is small (but perfectly formed), and is distributed in a number of countries across four continents.