Instructional Technology Consultant
Req Id: 36470 – Other
Instructional Technology Consultant
Wiley Education Services
Wiley Education Services uniquely understands the process of designing and implementing innovative learning experiences and comprehensive solutions that address today’s higher education challenges. One way that we do this is through our Online Program Management business, which partners with leading universities in the US and UK to develop and manage their online programs. It’s a holistic business, which furthers the vision of the institutions we work with by developing content, training and empowering faculty, marketing the programs, recruiting students, and providing students support through to graduation. As we partner with more institutions, we’re proud to help raise standards, and enable more learners to achieve their goals. http://wileyedservices.com/
The Instructional Technology Consultant (ITC) provides subject matter expertise to internal colleagues related to Learning Management Systems and other educational technologies. These responsibilities require an ITC to possess deep, functional knowledge of Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas, and/or D2L Brightspace, in addition to the learning tools that are integrated with these platforms. This includes (but is not limited to) software applications that provide plagiarism detection, exam proctoring, web conferencing, interactive content authoring, video hosting, and transcription. The ITC must be proficient with these technologies from both an administrative and end-user point of view, and they will be expected to rapidly gain proficiency in new technologies in a highly self-directed manner.
- LMS and tool expertise: Research and acquire subject matter expertise on the use of tools and technologies employed in courses. Offer recommendations for tools that align with the pedagogical strategies of key degree programs. Propose alternative solutions upon request.
- LMS change management: guide internal and external stakeholders through LMS change events like upgrades, and investigate discovered issues in testing to the developers.
- System administration: Exercise system administrator-level permissions in each LMS. Provision user accounts for WES employees, troubleshoot integration issues between LMS and SIS, establish and standardize sitewide settings.
- Support: Provide “tier 3” troubleshooting support in response to escalated issues that have been investigated by the support team.
- Tool installation and management: be stakeholders in a plugin committee. Vet tools and plugins. Assist with installation.
- Project management: Serve as a project lead for the adoption of new technologies or updated versions of existing technologies.
- Implementation: Install and configure Learning Management System augmentations associated with plugins, Learning Tools Interoperability standards, and other third-party integrations.
- Compliance: Ensure that technical implementations enforce accessibility and privacy regulations.
- System administration: Exercise elevated LMS permissions to perform tasks associated with user and role management, integration with third-party products, and product theming.
- Documentation: Contribute to shared documentation and reporting metrics that communicate subject matter expertise on tools and technologies, current workflow, and partner operations.
- Training: Deliver impromptu training to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor of Science in EdTech, Learning Sciences, Computer Science, or similar
- 1-3 Years of experience in Academic of Corporate E-Learning
- Experience working with higher education professionals
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent attention to detail, multitasking skills, and ability to work independently in changing environment
- Experience collaborating with diverse internal and external teams on projects
- Deep knowledge of LMS Systems (Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, Brightspace preferred), and Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) standards
- Excellent technical acumen and experience in troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
- Experience with video and media editing
- Experience with administering web conferencing applications
- Familiarity and comfort with commonly used web tools (Google Products, Dropbox, etc.)
- Working Knowledge of applications in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of W3C and WCAG Accessibility Standards
- Project Management skills