Instructional Production Specialist at Cornell University
Instructional Production Specialist
- eCornell – Temporary
- Ithaca (Tompkins County)
- USA – Outside New York State
As Cornell University’s online learning unit, eCornell delivers online professional certificate courses to individuals and organizations around the world. Courses are personally developed by Cornell faculty with expertise in a wide range of topics, including data analytics, management, marketing, human resources, leadership, and STEM. Students learn in an interactive, small cohort format to gain skills they can immediately apply in their organizations, while earning a professional certificate from Cornell University.
The Temporary Instructional Production Specialist will proofread, edit, and test eCornell online courses and related materials, and will provide assistance in building, maintaining, and updating catalog and custom courses. The person in this position will report to the Director of Quality Assurance. They will work closely together to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of courses that provide an excellent student experience for Cornell’s global audience.
This is a non-benefits eligible, 4 month appointment until the end of September, with the possibility of extension. It is full-time and remote.
What you will do:
- Perform quality assurance testing of eCornell courses and special programs to help produce best-in-class online learning solutions
- Proofread course content, transcripts, web pages, and other client-facing content
- Anticipate student-facing bugs and course issues, and propose and implement solutions
- Other duties as assigned in support of the eCornell Development Department
What we need:
- 1-3 years’ professional experience, preferably in online learning, proofreading, copy editing, or testing
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, education, writing, or related field preferred
- HTML, CSS, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, and Canvas LMS proficient
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creative, practical problem-identification and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and fast-paced change
- Able to efficiently learn and feel comfortable with new and evolving technologies
- Familiarity with inclusive design and web accessibility a plus
There is no Visa sponsorship available for this position.
University Job Title: Temp Serv Prof
Level: No Grade – Hourly
Pay Rate Type: Hourly
Number of Openings: 2
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!