Instructional Designer, Learning Solutions at Stride, Inc.
Instructional Designer (Learning Solutions ) ( Remote )
Job Category: Creative MultiMedia
Requisition Number: INSTR024762
Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
The world around us has changed forever. Distance learning is now an integral aspect of learningfor all levelsaround the world. At Stride Learning Solutions, we’ve always been ready. For more than two decades, we’ve helped districts and schools find a promising path forward.
Since 2000, Stride Learning Solutions has been a leader in strategic solutions to solve district challenges. Our flexible online and blended learning options boost modern instruction and promote lifelong student success. With an innovative platform, comprehensive digital courseware, adaptable technology, and extensive support, we are equipped to help your school or district empower a brighter future for learners.
The Instructional Designer adheres to instructional design principles as defined by evidence-based practices and the Company’s style guidelines. This position designs video assets and other training assets for adult learners and creates specifications for assets that meet the goals of the learning objective while drawing from the strengths of the team; ensuring quality and consistency and contribute new ideas to products and processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Develops, edits and revises video shorts and other training assets for adult learners (both internal and external) in collaboration with Learning Development Analysts and other internal stakeholders;
- Creates and edits videos and other training assets for instructional soundness, pace of presentation, age-appropriateness, consistency of tone and style and general readability;
- Creates and edits internal training courses using resources such as D2L, DominKnow, Eduflow;
- Provides visual design specifications for corresponding graphics, photos, illustrations and animations;
- Researches information to complement existing materials, including finding external web links, books or other materials;
- Uploads text, videos, and other training assets and inputs items into the Content Management System (CMS), making corrections to text, assessments and graphics in CMS as needed and recommending future CMS upgrades
- Applies design elements for adults which are interactive and competency based learning experiences;
- Provides consultation to stakeholders about new requested assets, making corrections and updates to current assets, and makes recommendations on future updates;
- Consults with IDS, Editors and Writers to discuss standards and consistency of content, style, visuals and PDFs and coordinates content across units and lessons; Ability to create and communicate a project plan to stakeholders;
- Participates in asset management and review to keep assets up-to-date;
- Understands and applies copyright regulations and accessibility requirements;
- Seeks out current research and new instructional design applications in the field and adult learning best practices.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong video creation skills
- Strong technology skills, use of media and instructional design techniques
- Strong written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with creativity, independence and high standards
- Demonstrated ability to establish objectives, identify problems, analyze data and creatively deliver solutions
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design or related field and three (3) years of experience in learning product development or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Microsoft Office 365 proficient
- Ability to clear required background check
- Teaching and/or curriculum development experience
- Experience with D2L
- Three (3) years of experience in learning product design and production
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position . May be a resident of all 50 states and D.C.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
- We anticipate the salary range to be $54,000 to $81,000. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. This salary is not guaranteed, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is at-will as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the at-will nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.