Instructional Designer at Rhode Island College
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
If you have trouble using VITAE to create an account, please contact Vitae Support via email at email@example.com. You can also visit their FAQ page at chroniclevitae.com/faq.
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
This is a part-time position not to exceed 19 hours per week; expected to last for up to 3 months and may be extended. Hourly rate: $25 – $30 per hour depending on qualifications and experience. Work will be done remotely.Candidates who are hired will need to sign a Teleworking Agreement. Payment is made once a month; applicable taxes are withheld. There are no fringe benefits with this position. The application requires candidates to provide names and contact information of at least three (3) current references. (References will not be contacted without applicant’s consent.) Upon hire, candidate will be required to arrange for an official transcript of highest degree earned to be mailed/transmitted directly from the institution to RIC.
Additional Position Information
- Posting Number NT00055
- Are benefits Eligible? No
- Section Academic Affairs
- Number of Positions Available 6
- Anticipated Start Date or Semester Summer 2020
- End of Temporary or Limited Position
- Open Until Filled Yes
- Special Instructions/Information for Applicants
- This is a part-time position not to exceed 19 hours per week; expected to last for up to 3 months and may be extended.
- Hourly rate: $25 – $30 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
- Work will be done remotely. Candidates who are hired will need to sign a Teleworking Agreement.
- Payment is made once a month; applicable taxes are withheld.
- There are no fringe benefits with this position.
- The application requires candidates to provide names and contact information of at least three (3) current references. (References will not be contacted without applicant’s consent.)
- Upon hire, candidate will be required to arrange for an official transcript of highest degree earned to be mailed/transmitted directly from the institution to RIC.
Position Status & Special Application Instructions
- FLSA Exempt
- Min Salary NA
- Max Salary NA
- AA / ADA Statement
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity institution that values and is committed to inclusion and expanding the diversity of its faculty and staff, the College invites members of protected classes, including minorities and persons with disabilities, to identify themselves as such at the time of application.
- Position Title Instructional Designer
- Department Name Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning
- Academic or Calendar Year Temporary
- Scheduled Work Week / Hours / Area
- Part-time, 19 hours per week
The Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning (FCTL) at Rhode Island College offers continued professional development in teaching and learning best practices for full-time and adjunct faculty.
The FCTL is hiring six, part-time (19 hours per week) Instructional Designer (IDs) positions, which are expected to last for up to 3 months (and may be extended.) The IDs will aid faculty in developing online courses over the summer for fall 2020 instruction. This is the perfect opportunity for IDs seeking part-time remote work with a flexible schedule.
The IDs will work collaboratively with faculty in the design of high quality and effective online courses that meet best practices. Work will be done remotely.
Founded in 1854, Rhode Island College is a distinctive regional college personalizing education for undergraduate and graduate students. The college serves approximately 9,000 undergraduate and graduate students through its five schools: the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, the Feinstein School of Education and Human Development, the School of Business, the School of Nursing and the School of Social Work.
The 180-acre campus is located in beautiful, historic Providence, Rhode Island’s capital, with excellent proximity to the academic and cultural resources of Boston and New York City
- Collaborate with faculty individually or in groups to develop online courses that meet best practices
- Recommend solutions to meet ADA accessibility requirements for instructional materials.
- Assist faculty with integrating active/engaged learning strategies into online course design
- Assist faculty in integrating instructional technology into online course design
- Perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision and be responsive to supervisory feedback
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director, Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles of online course design
- Knowledge of ADA standards for online course design
- Ability for reliable, remote work using own computer equipment and internet connection
- Flexible scheduling during standard Mon-Fri working hours (Eastern Standard Time)
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) and work collegially with faculty in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Education: Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, or related field; ABD doctoral candidates will also be considered.
- Minimum two years of any combination of relevant coursework or online instructional design experience
- Experience relevant to higher education.
- The employee is not exposed to known adverse environmental conditions.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!