Instructional Designer at GreenSky
Learning and Development
The Instructional Designer (ID) applies instructional design and adult learning principles and strategies to analyze, design, develop, implement, and evaluate instructional courses, assessments, job aids, and other learning deliverables for associates in all areas of GreenSky s operations. The ID creates deliverables for all phases of the course creation lifecycle including analysis documents, design documents, storyboards, and final learning deliverables that align to the overall business goals. The ID also collaborates effectively with peers, leaders, and business partners to translate business requirements into learning requirements and project scope, build learning solutions that align to desired outcomes, and ensure learning deliverables meet and exceed GreenSky’s quality standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designing and delivering training materials and programs using sound instructional design practices and methodologies.
- Designing and delivering all training materials and course content to ensure incorporation of the best practices in adult learning theory.
- Utilizing and implementing the ADDIE instructional design process to develop required course content and deliverables.
- Conferring with management, supervisors, employees and subject matter experts (internal and external) as needed to gather knowledge of work situations which require training to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies.
- Conducting needs-assessments and performance analyses to determine training needs.
- Delivering effective interactive training sessions and materials that facilitate application of knowledge and learning.
- Developing training utilizing multimedia visual aids, web-based training, and reference work.
- Developing and implementing evaluation strategies to ensure program objectives, quality and company standards are achieved.
- Updating and enhancing existing programs as necessary to meet the changing needs of the business by implementing new and innovative delivery methods.
- Participating in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to obtain new information to be integrated into training materials.
- Evaluate effectiveness of learning methods delivered.
- Stay apprised of current trends in training and applications and make recommendations for enhancements to programs as appropriate.
- Submit reports to the Senior Director, Learning and Development detailing the status of assigned projects, user feedback, one-on-one sessions, project requests and a summary of any unexpected work that may have to be done.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- 5-7 years of instructional design experience, creating various training curriculums, programs & materials.
- Technical writing experience in the Financial or Financial Technology industry is preferred.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects while working well under pressure.
- Ability to guide self and others through management & prioritization of multiple projects.
- Intermediate to advanced technical proficiency with Articulate Storyline & Adobe Captivate.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Experience with learning management systems is preferred.
- Experience working in a regulatory environment is a plus.
- Proficiency with document management, time management, and legal-specific software preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in addition to the ability to motivate others.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills to successfully meet deadlines.
- Professional demeanor.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision while maintaining a strong sense of team collaboration
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!