Inside Sales Writer & Curator
- Remote OK
Inside Sales Writer
(read: $20,000/year part-time, work 100% remote for an awesome salesperson to not do sales)
What we want:
- a sales extraordinaire with deep knowledge, actual sales experience, and a (written) voice that can capture an audience.
- We need someone who has read the classics (what’s your take on “How to Win Friends and Influence People”?), and who binges on all the modern approaches.
- If you don’t have strong opinions on CRMs, you need not apply.
What you want:
- to get paid a steady, part-time (~15-20 hrs/week) income of $20,000/yr. to write about what you love (did we mention that sales is what you love?) and to build a name for yourself and drive industry-wide discussions.
- All we care about is that you crank out fantastic content 5 days/week — outside of that, we don’t care if you spend the rest of your time bootstrapping your startup, closing deals, homeschooling your kids, or drinking Pina Coladas in Belize.
How it works:
- You’ll curate (find, summarize, and link to) the best sales news for our readers (aka sales pros like yourself), using language they understand, on a consistent basis and we’ll pay you for it.
- You’ll engage with readers, build community, and take ownership over the growth and performance of the newsletter.
Are you a qualified lead?
- Do you absolutely love the rush of pitching and closing? Do you dream of email sequences, building an SDR team and optimizing conversion funnels? Are you obsessed with BANT, CTR, SDRs, BOFU and FAB while trying to minimize your NSAs? Have you spent hours on Reddit looking up success stories for conversion pages, CTAs, and endlessly tested button placements?
- Are you an exceptional writer who understands how to correctly use commas and punctuation? What’s your take on the Oxford Comma?
- If we find your social profiles (Twitter, LinkedIn), do they scream ‘I’m a sales pro?’
- Have you read at least 3 of these 10 books?
- SPIN Selling, Neil Rackham
- To Sell is Human, Daniel H. Pink
- The 10x Rule, Grant Cardone
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion, Robert Cialdini
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It, Chris Voss
- Gap Selling: Getting the Customer to Yes, Keenan
- How to Win Friends and Influence People, Dale Carnegie
- Wooden on Leadership, John Wooden
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook, Gary Vaynerchuk
Awesome, now we’re at the decision stage. Are you interested in the work and requirements for this job?
- Nerd out to sales all day, every day. We’re fine with you working other gigs or being retired from the sales grind. Ideally, you’re someone who would already be doing work like this, and you’re just thrilled to do it for Inside where we can get you in front of a huge audience and pay you.
- Write the newsletter and submit to our editors at a scheduled, agreed-upon time — typically, sometime before noon ET. Don’t miss deadlines.
- Make it worth reading! Readers should anticipate it hitting their inbox because they can’t get enough of the knowledge you’re throwing their way.
ABC: Let us be blunt, we want you to join our team and an opening this good won’t last long. Just fill out this quick application and you’ll be in front of our decision-makers (no gatekeepers here).