IP Medical Coder II
96746, United States;
Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Defense, Financial Services, Health, Manufacturing, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
The IP Coder is responsible for the following duties:
- Remote/homes worker 100% desk job (sitting) with breaks and lunch, no travel required
- Assigning ICD-10 diagnosis and procedure codes and present on admission (POA) indicators;
- Maintains at least a 95% accuracy rate.
- Maintains at least a 95% productivity rate.
- Follow up on missing documentation, including the generation of appropriate queries, as needed.
- Communication of issues to the MS-DRG, with CDI specialists, as appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of ICD-10 Official Coding Guidelines for Coding and Reporting and AHA Coding Clinic.
- Thorough understanding of Medicare Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS), Medicare Severity-Diagnosis Related Groups (MS-DRGs).
- Understanding of coding resources and tools, including 3M.
- Successful completion of a Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology, and Pharmacology course
- Successful completion of an ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS and HCPCS/CPT coding class
- Coding/HIM certification
Experience & Requirements:
- Must have at least five years strong IP Coding experience, preferably in a teaching hospital
- Must have AHIMA certification (CCS, RHIT, RHIA)/ coding credential though AHIMA or AAPC
- Must have worked in a large acute care facility
- Must have experience coding critical care patients including transplants, spinal fusion, sepsis, and neurology
- Would prefer some Level II Trauma experience
- Computer and software skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, encoder/grouper
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership skills
If you wish to apply for this position, please click below to complete our online application form and attach your CV in either Word, rtf or text format.
Atos does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation. All recruitment decisions are based solely on qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience and relevant business requirements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the applications process for people with disabilities.