Inpatient Coding Specialist
Job Locations: US-Remote Office
Codes all requested Inpatient medical records using the most accurate and appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT codes and DRG assignment in accordance with regulatory coding guidelines, best practices in the industry and HIA policy and procedures. Abstract key data required from the medical information consistent with UHDDS requirements, other regulatory and best practices. The coder will meet specified productivity and accuracy standards.
- Codes all requested Inpatient acute care records using the most accurate and appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS, DRG assignment in accordance with coding guidelines.
- Abstracts, codes and assigns necessary demographic and clinical data elements required
- Uses 3M and/or TruCode encoder to ensure appropriate reimbursement and accurate DRG & MSDRG assignment.
- Writes appropriate, non-leading queries.
- Maintains quality and productivity according to client requirements.
- Completes all I-10 education as required within established deadlines.
- Commits to continually improving his/her coding skills by actively participating in all education sessions.
- Reports to the Coding Services Manager.
- RHIA, RHIT, and CCS
- Minimum 3 years inpatient coding experience in an acute care facility.
- I-10-CM/PCS proficient
- Computer proficiency, able to research coding questions and utilize HIA’s internal educational resources.
- High-Speed Internet via Cable (no Satellite or wireless cell based)
- Independent, focused individual able to work remotely.