Inpatient Coder at Intellis
Remote Inpatient Coder
- Level: Experienced
- Job Location: Nationwide – Remote
- Position Type: Full Time
- Education Level: Not Specified
- Travel Percentage: None
- Job Shift: Day
- Job Category: Health Care
The Medical Coding Specialist, Inpatient is responsible for accurately abstracting data into appropriate client electronic medical record systems, following the Official ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Guidelines for Coding, UHDDS guidelines, and CMS directives. Performs data entry of required abstracted patient information into the clients information system. Assigns Present on Admission (POA) indicators according to AHA POA guidelines. Queries physicians when appropriate and interacts with Clinical Documentation staff as per account requirements. Maintains consistent coding accuracy rate of 95% or better while also meeting productivity standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assigns appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS codes to inpatient accounts as per designated workflow
- Abstracts and enters coded data for hospital statistical and reporting requirements
- Assigns present on admission indicators and discharge dispositions
- Queries physicians to clarify conflicting, imprecise, incomplete, ambiguous, and/or inconsistent clinical information when appropriate
- Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution
- Communicates with Clinical Documentation Improvement and/or Revenue Cycle teams for follow up and reconciliation of accounts
- Maintains required productivity and quality requirements
- Maintains coding credential requirements
- Candidate must possess an approved AHIMA or AAPC coding credential
- Minimum 5 years coding experience recommended; 3 years of inpatient coding in an acute care setting required
- Recommend minimum 3 years of Trauma Level 1 and Academic Teaching facility experience
- Must be proficient at ICD-10-PCS coding
- Trustworthiness and Ethics
- Consistency and Reliability
- Meeting Standards
KEY SUCCESS ATTRIBUTES:
- Has strong organizational, analytic and problem-solving abilities and techniques
- Exhibit consistent initiative with strong drive for results and success
- Demonstrate commitment to a team environment
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal as well as well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Possess strong time management skills
- Commitment and adherence to company Core Values
We offer an excellent base salary, full benefits package including 401(k), group medical, dental, vision, life, & short-term disability insurance and vacation/sick days.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Sitting, talking, hearing and near vision are required over 90% of the time. Feeling is required over 90% of the time and reaching is required about 50% of the time.
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Over 90% of the time is spend indoors, with protection from weather conditions. Exposure to noise levels that may be distracting or uncomfortable is present in only unusual situations.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!