Inpatient Coder at R1 RCM
Inpatient Coder (Full Time)- Remote USA
HIM Operations/Medical Coding INPAT07178
- Remote USA
Shift; Monday – Friday; 9:00AM to 5:00PM Remote
R1 is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1 is publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patient’s and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Inpatient Coder will be responsible for reviewing clinical documentation and diagnostic results as appropriate (i.e., to extract data and apply appropriate ICD-10-CM and PCS codes for billing, internal and external reporting, research, and regulatory compliance).
In this role, the successful candidate will accurately code conditions and procedures for complex Inpatient and Surgery accounts or code two or more outpatient types at an expert lever, per the Coding Guidelines. The successful candidate must have demonstrated exceptional inpatient coding and surgery coding proficiency.
- Thoroughly reviews all documentation in the medical record and assigns codes for all diagnoses, treatments, and procedures according to the appropriate classification system for inpatient/outpatient encounters.
- Reviews physician assigned diagnosis code after thorough review of the medical record and, if necessary, queries physician for additional clarity in a professional manner.
- Thorough knowledge of modifiers, HCPCS and denial handling.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional inpatient coding and surgery coding proficiency.
- Able to accurately abstract information from the medial records into the abstract system, according to established guidelines.
- Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- Able to successfully remedy coding edits in ePARS; enters and validates codes, charges and other edits flagged in EPARS.
- Consistently meets all productivity and quality metrics.
- Minimum of RHIA, RHIT, and/or CCS credential.
- Minimum of 3 years inpatient coding and/or auditing experience.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!