Location: Remote (Telecommute)
As an experienced M*Modal coder you will be responsible for providing coding and abstracting services for clients on acute care inpatient. You will use established coding principles and your knowledge and experience to assign diagnostic and procedural codes after a thorough review of the medical record to obtain the appropriate DRG. As a coding leader, you will participate in industry forums as well as support coding education within the team. You will be located on a remote basis at a home office.
- Reviews medical records to identify pertinent diagnoses and procedures relative to the patient’s health care encounter.
- Selects the principal diagnosis and principal procedure, along with other diagnoses and procedures using UHDDS definition. Ensures appropriate DRG assignment.
- Abstracts appropriate information from the medical record based on the guidelines provided by the client and after a thorough review of the medical record.
- Solicits clarification from the physician regarding ambiguous or conflicting documentation in the medical record using guidelines provided by the client.
- Participates in Coding Roundtables through presentation of materials, articles and current issues related to coding and Health Information Management.
- Maintains current knowledge of the information contained in the Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, and the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
- Maintains effective and professional communication skills.
- Contributes to a positive company image by exhibiting professionalism, adaptability and mutual respect.