Inpatient Auditor at Cognizant
INPATIENT AUDITOR-(REMOTE ANYWHERE IN US)
Nottingham, Maryland, United StatesJob ID: 00037364101
Cognizant Technology Solutions is seeking an ICD-10 Inpatient Auditor to work for one or more of the clients remotely.
- Review ICD-10 inpatient patient records for accuracy and compliance
- Review physician documentation to verify diagnosis and procedures
- Communicate with physicians to obtain or clarify diagnosis and/or procedures via the query process
- Assign accurate ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes utilizing an electronic encoder application, 3M, in accordance with practice policy and regulatory guidelines
- Complete reports as requested
- Provide ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS education and mentoring to Company’s clients in coding, billing and compliance
- Perform Peer Reviews of Company Health Information Management coding auditors and coders
- Assure that services provided to Clients of Company are current and up-to-date with industry standards
- Conduct other reviews, audits and other tasks at the direction of Company for which Employee has skills and knowledge
- Maintain minimum accuracy rate of at least 98% while meeting internal productivity standards set by company
- Maintain productivity expectations as set per project
- Level 1 Trauma and/or University / teaching hospital Level experience
- APR Experience (outside of Medicaid)
- CCS or RHIT
- ICD-10 Certified Trainer/Ambassador
- Minimum of two years of facility based auditing experience with an additional two years of coding experience or ten years of coding experience
- Knowledge of Federal, state and payer regulations
- Capable of interpreting medical records reports and chart entries
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Capable of applying judgment and decision making
- Base office skills (Word, Excel)
- Pass coding assessment with a score of 80% or greater
- Basic background with computers with ability to be in multiple systems at 1 time
- Self-motivated with ability to work autonomously and in a team in a fast paced environment
- Interacting with manager/team members on scheduled time off and breaks and new procedures and policies as provided by the client is essential.
- Well organized and able to handle multipole projects as needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Employee Status:Full Time Employee
Shift: Day Job
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!