Inpatient Auditor – Contractor
We are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated auditing professional to join our team as contract auditor. The position requires one to be resourceful, organized, and extremely driven. This is a remote position. The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years of auditing experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Extensive healthcare industry knowledge and experience in and around coding, billing, auditing, compliance and reimbursement for Inpatient and Outpatient facility services
- Extensive knowledge of current Official Coding Guidelines and Coding Clinic citations
- Thorough understanding of hospital bylaws and Join Commission standards related to clinical documentation standards
- High level proficiency in anatomy, physiology, disease process, and pharmacology
- Detail oriented and deadline driven attitude
- Ability to think critically and determine the best method for resolving challenges
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Proficient in coding software, Windows, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Perform quality inpatient patient and outpatient facility audits to validate the ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and CPT-4 codes, DRG and APR group appropriateness, missed secondary diagnosis and procedures. POS and discharge status, as well as other key audit elements associated with CDI and specialty encounters.
- Prepare audit summary findings, providing detailed comments related to the audit findings and make recommendations
- Prepare written report of work logs
- Be responsible and accountable for maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information. Follow HIPAA security policies and procedures affecting your job, and report any suspected or actual violation or breach
- RHIA, RHIT, or CCS from AHIMA
- CIC, COC, or CPC from AAPC preferred
- Competitive contractor rates
- Based on a per encounter rate with an option for an hourly rate for encounters with LOS >20 days
- Hourly rate for client training and/or webinars and other consulting projects
Expected Work Volumes
- Work volumes may vary depending upon project
- Currently we have on-going quarterly work with a large project this summer and fall
- We anticipate the need to higher several full-time auditors in Q4 of 2019
Who We Are:
We design compliance, auditing and analytic solutions that deliver on that idea and, as a result, elevate the performance of organizations. We are humble, integrity-centered, passionate, respectful and entrepreneurial. We approach work and relationships with an abundance mentality, are trustworthy and transparent in all aspects of work, appreciate the benefits of diversity and never discriminate. We are open to new ideas, work quickly, intelligently, flexibly and Dream Big to find ways to accomplish the impossible. #WeAreHealthicity.
Healthicity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Documented proof of legality to work in USA is required, at this time we are not accepting any applicants who now need or will need sponsorship to work in the US.