Infrastructure Project Manager
Remote, USA, Watertown, MA
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Cloud Infrastructure team within our Infrastructure as a Service division. Your job will be to develop strategies to maximize the business value of web-scale IT infrastructure services. But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You are a driver and a strategic influencer. You are passionate about leading initiatives that improve the effectiveness of infrastructure/SDLC pipeline services. You measure success with increased customer satisfaction and delivery efficiencies (financial/velocity). You are all about using data to tell the story – analytics-minded and data-driven to ensure that goals are measurable and aligned across teams with a focus on customer value. You are an effective analyst, a good communicator and a focused collaborator for a diverse set of stakeholders and execution partners. Come join us as we work to fix healthcare through better IT Strategy.
The Team: Our Cloud Infrastructure team at athenahealth is responsible for shaping the strategy to run technical infrastructure at massive scale. The infrastructure and pipeline services that you will be delivering will power the transformation of athenahealth products and enable the company to open the network and create the healthcare platform that enables the next generation of healthcare services.
- Creating and maintaining of project charters by collaborating with our commercial and other internal teams and obtaining sign-off from the client.
- Facilitating and coordinating, as well as tracking, of day-to- day activities required to ensure the project is completed on time, successfully, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals, departmental policies, and/or the standard terms and conditions of the contract
- Writing project schedules for assigned projects, which include clear milestones and assignment of project task responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of project management experience, or equivalent (defined as High School Diploma/GED and 5+ years progressive experience in project management).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and facilitation skills
- Proven leadership and effective decision-making capabilities
- Knowledge of Centricity Business application
- Experience with Infrastructure projects
- Our Purpose: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you’re curious, passionate and want to connect with work that matters, you’ve come to the right place. At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. At the heart of athenahealth’s culture is unconditional positive regard for one another, our customers, their patients and our community. We take time to celebrate diversity and our accomplishments and strive to be powerfully relevant and refreshingly candid in everything we do.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices – just to name a few.