Infrastructure Engineer at Offensive Security Services
Offensive Security (OffSec) is the world’s most trusted provider of cyber security training and certification. Our rigorous training programs are industry-standard and our certified alumni highly sought-after. We help businesses, government, and educational institutions become more secure. We help individuals enter or advance their careers in cyber security.
Built upon the belief that the only way to achieve sound defensive security is to take an offensive approach, we help people develop the Try Harder mindset with hands-on, real-world like labs, and equip them with the skills to succeed in tackling the challenges of cyber security in everyday life and work. Our mission is to empower the world to fight cyber threats by inspiring the Try Harder mindset.
Excited about our mission and what we do? Apply and join us!
- Optimizing the performance of our site to meet our SLA requirements around uptime and speed. We are a metrics driven organization who believes in accountability for the areas we manage while helping other teams meet theirs
- Deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and support of all managed IT infrastructure systems based on the roadmap, including AD, servers, PCs, operating systems and software
- Establish standards for tools related to building, deploying, and monitoring software systems and documenting best practices.
- Resolve technical issues, analyze root cause and determine corrective and preventive actions for the company’s infrastructure.
- Provide assistance with various infrastructure assessment, remediation and implementation services as needed
- Lead & Support migration of infrastructure applications, servers and services to and from various datacenters
- Architect, Design and Deliver solutions using existing Infrastructure components. Implement new infrastructure technologies as introduced and establish best practices for their adoption. Resolve unforeseen incidents and initiate change to ensure future issues can be managed more efficiently
- Works closely with software architects to identify, research, and experiment with other cloud tools, technologies, and frameworks that will help our teams to move faster in our cloud environments
- Identify improvements and options to reduce our operating costs in all environments
- Communicating and managing work within the team as well as other groups in the company
- Troubleshooting issues that pop up in either the infrastructure or our application stack mentioned above. Also being a part of our on-call rotation
- Help drive security best practices across the organization.
- OSCP Certification (required)
- 2+ years experience with Ansible, Tower or AWX
- 5+ years of experience in supporting corporate IT Infrastructure
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment and resolve unplanned incidents quickly.
- Strong customer service and relationship management focus
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information in both technical and non-technical terms and work effectively with end users
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent and responsive; requires little supervisory attention
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!