Information Security Penetration Tester at BD - Becton, Dickinson and Company
Information Security Penetration Tester – Lead (Remote)
remote type Remote
time type Full time
Job Description Summary
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health™ by improving medical discovery, diagnostics, and the delivery of care.
We are looking for security-focused engineers and researchers to join our Information Security Engineering Team and carry out security testing and research on our products and systems. The role will require auditing of applications and code to detect or exploit security vulnerabilities to medical devices, products as well as penetration testing of infrastructure and systems. This individual will be actively engaged in areas such as penetration testing, security analysis, and cutting-edge research on current technologies and attacks that apply to medical devices, OT, IoT and infrastructure.
Ongoing training and education would be offered on security domains and technologies for this position.
The location of this position is flexible. You can work from any BD office worldwide or remotely.
- Perform code reviews manually and by utilizing Static Code Analysis tools
- Penetration testing & vulnerability research
- Support developers of our business units in their SDLC and provide guidance regarding mitigations to emerging threats
- Threat modelling
- Provide guidance on secure architecture design and DevSecOps as required
- Provide remediation planning for identified and emerging threats found through security testing
- Security tool development, maintenance, and improvements
- Develop security training development and deliver to internal development teams and other stakeholders
- Project and research work as required
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in product security testing, security consultancy or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering Degree strongly preferred but not required. Experience can substitute education.
- Development experience in C#, C++ or Java.
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP), Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE) or Offensive Security Web Expert (OSWE) certification preferred but not required.
For many roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, weekly testing for COVID-19 may be available instead of vaccination. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why Join Us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that encourages you to bring your authentic self to work. It’s also a place where we help each other be great, we do what’s right, we hold each other accountable, and learn and improve every day.