Index-Intake Coordinator at EK Health Services
- Fully Remote Utilization Review
Under the direction of the UR Administrative Supervisor, an Index-Intake Coordinator is responsible for pre-opening and preparing electronic medical case files for Healthcare Professionals (HCP) to complete. The indexing portion is comprised of scanning, indexing, categorizing and uploading medical records and files to the corresponding Utilization Review or Medical Case Management case.
Concurrently, this position also requires the ability to transition between indexing and intake. The intake coordinator role performs end to end processing of Utilization Review referrals, which is the process between indexing to the assignment of the HCP. They will also assist other administrative staff with overflow work, including word processing, data entry and internet research tasks.
Work Specifics: Standard, eight (8) hour work day, Monday-Friday
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Scanning, uploading and labeling of case documents into the appropriate case files
- Collection of medical files and documents to be scanned, indexed and uploaded to web-based Utilization Review case management application
- Separation and sorting of soft copy medical files and documents
- Heavy data entry
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional demeanor with Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Strong Organization Skills
- Must be computer literate with a high comfort level with computer programs/ functions, including: MS Word, MS Excel, Email and Internet
- Basic medical terminology
- Basic clerical and administrative skills
- Must be Accurate and Efficient
- Must be Punctual and Dependable
- Able to maintain focus and positive attitude in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high pressure, time sensitive environment
- Ability to work in an open, high traffic office environment (not easily distracted), unless remote
- Sit (approx. 75-100% of the time), stand (approx. 0-25% of the time), type (approx. 75-100% of the time) and do the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Promptly answer all incoming calls and assist callers with proper telephone etiquette; must sound professional, credible, pleasant and sincere
- Professional interaction with Nurses, Insurance Adjusters and other medical professionals
- Responds to routine inquiries or complaints from customers and the public; refers non-routine, sensitive and/or complex requests for information and other inquiries or complaints to appropriate staff
- Process Utilization Review referral forms received by EK Health Services
- In-take / Data Entry of UR referrals into EK Health Services software and case assignment
- Scanning, Uploading and labeling of case documents into the appropriate case files.
- Collection of medical files and documents to be scanned, indexed and uploaded to web base Utilization Review case management application. (Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.)
- The separation and sorting of hard copy/soft copy medical files and documents
- Heavy data entry. (Must be Accurate and Efficient.)
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalent
- Ten key proficient
- Ability to type accurately at a minimum of fifty words per minute
- Ability to Multi-task
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions
- Other duties as assigned
EK Health Services has built a reputation for offering superior, goal-oriented Workers’ Compensation case management, utilization review, and bill review services. Our emphasis on medical excellence, superior service, impartial reporting, and case resolution is the driving force behind our consistent annual growth. Employees are provided with competitive compensation and benefits, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, PTO, and 401k. Please visit our website for more information at www.ekhealth.com.
EK is an equal opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. EK does not practice, tolerate, or condone unlawful discrimination based on any protected status or the perception of such status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!