Independent File Reviewer
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Job Id: 606
# of Openings: 1
Independent File Reviewer – Independent Contractor (Open to any U.S. location)
Please note: This is a flexible location, work from home position.
Property claim reviewers independently review the claim file per SCS and Carrier guidelines for property and casualty claims.
- Know SCS and Carrier guidelines, insurance policies and endorsements to ensure file documentation follows these guidelines.
- Uncover and correct errors in a claim file and notify supervisor(s) as applicable.
- Review and apply client specific claim guidelines, insurance policies and endorsements per claim file documentation.
- Review file photographs to verify that the photographs clearly depict of the cause of loss and damages.
- Review estimates that verify line items match scope of damages shown in the photographs and reports.
- Review reports to verify for accuracy damages, risk and settlement.
- Review reports to verify there are no formatting issues, spelling errors, fragmented sentences, or other grammatical errors.
- Submit claim reviewed files to client.
- Submit claim reviewed files to invoicing.
- Complete reviews within 24 hours assignment.
- Proficiency in Xactimate and Xactanalysis. Individuals without prior claim reviewing/estimating experience will not be considered.
- Solid customer service skills. If you see yourself as a master of customer service, we want to hear from you!
- Effective time management skills. Working from home, review assignments will be sent and received electronically. You will be responsible for management of your review load and diary.
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills (Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer).
- Business writing skills. You must be able to communicate with co-workers, management, clients, insureds, contractors and various other parties involved in the insurance claim process in a professional and proper manner.
- An independent spirit. You must be results-oriented and looking to work with a production-based company.
- Experience with Symbility Claims.
- Experience with Liability and Commercial Claims. You will handle Liability insurance claims as well as property claims. Prior experience with reviewing causality claims (recorded statements, scene diagrams, etc.) is a plus.
- Various insurance industry certifications. This position does not require specific certifications.
- Familiarity with FileTrac Claim Management system is helpful.
If you believe you are up to the challenge of partnering with the Syndicate team, please submit your resume and a copy of all certifications / licenses through the Careers link on our website. All candidates must go through our Candidate Tracking System. Individuals who email their resumes directly will be referred back to our website.