Title: Independent Contract Editor–LaTeX
Location: United States
At American Journal Experts (AJE), we help researchers successfully communicate their work through trusted author-oriented solutions to overcome the barriers to the manuscript preparation process. We are actively recruiting independent contractors from a variety of fields to edit scholarly LaTeX manuscripts originally written by non-native English speakers so that language is not a barrier to research communication.
AJE’s independent contract editors work remotely from anywhere with a stable internet connection, can edit within their areas of academic expertise and are compensated based on manuscript length. If editing assignments are made available to the contractor pool, contract editors are under no obligation to accept assignments.
We’re currently seeking editors who are skilled in LaTeX and have academic expertise in one of the following fields:
- Biological sciences, especially bioinformatics
- Business, finance, or economics
- Physical sciences
In addition to LaTeX assignments, contract LaTeX editors may also claim assignments in Microsoft Word, provided that the editing is completed in the native format.
To qualify as an independent contract editor, applicants must:
- either be enrolled in a graduate program or possess a graduate degree;
- have native English proficiency; and
- have a documented current or former affiliation (in the form of a degree, current enrollment, postdoctoral training, employment, or faculty appointment) with one of the US schools or institutions from which we recruit editors.
Ideal applicants for this position are proficient in LaTeX and have had exposure to literature in one of the target fields. The candidates who have been most successful in the contract editor role are autonomous, have editing experience and/or strong technical writing skills, and seek to make a positive impact on their field of expertise.