Inbound Marketing Strategist (Remote)
- New York, NY
- Full Time
SmartBug Media is a fast-growing and nationally recognized inbound marketing agency. We’ve built our name and client base by delivering game-changing marketing campaigns that increase traffic, leads, customers, and brand value. That’s why we are recommended by some of the biggest names in inbound marketing and maintain a client roster that’s growing by the day. We are a 56-person remote company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work, and we believe that you can do this from anywhere.
This is a roll-up-your sleeves and get it done senior marketing consulting position.
Marketing Strategists at SmartBug Media have an important role serving as the liaison between your Client and SmartBug Media, as well as overseeing all activities required to help those Clients meet their goals and objectives. This means you’ll play a lead role in executing inbound and content marketing activities that include blogging, social media, marketing, SEO and marketing automation while leading Client communication and education. You’ll also be responsible for analyzing each Client’s marketing analytics, creating reports and recommending future strategies and tactics.
We know your leadership is what generates renewal business and increased trust and responsibility with our clients. That’s why our Marketing Strategists are compensated for account growth and incremental revenue brought in. That doesn’t make this a sales position. It’s not. It means that you get to participate in the financial growth of your accounts.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Create the vision and marketing strategy for your clients, then work with your team of consultants, copywriters, designers and developers to deliver on that strategy and vision.
- Create new clients’ Inbound Marketing Playbook and Gap Analysis based on client and customer interviews, research and collaboration with our team.
- Serve as the primary liaison and representative of SmartBug Media for your clients you are the extension of their team and will be expected to know their business as well as they do.
- Assist and empower clients with the results, knowledge, content and tools to not only get their buy-in, but to evangelize their success through their organization.
- Become an expert at inbound marketing tactics including blogging, social media marketing, search engine optimization, eBook/white paper/video content creation, website updates, email marketing, and others.
- Become a HubSpot and SmartBug process ninja and keep up with software updates and best practices, educating your teammates as required.
- Execute your clients’ inbound marketing plans proactively in order to meet schedules, performance, and budget goals.
- Take the lead in creating monthly performance reports to highlight wins, areas of improvement and recommendations for future programs.
- Stay informed about inbound marketing industry developments and be able to utilize these developments to your clients’ benefit.
- Become the resident expert on your clients industry and marketing.
- Contribute to client and internal content development.
- Practice your craft by contributing to SmartBug Media’s blog and social media presence.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Have fun and make some great friends!
Qualifications and Skills
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship
- 5+ years experience building comprehensive marketing campaigns
- 2-5 years experience with online marketing and social media
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Hands-on experience with HubSpot required – you are a power use that uses it in your day-to-day
- Track record of building multi-channel campaigns that yield substantial results
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and create campaigns based on customer requirements
- Passion for the Internet and marketing with a strong understanding of inbound marketing
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and independent management skills
- Able to find and assimilate market and customer data into marketing strategies
- Proven relationship building skills and client communication experience
- Strong work ethic with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization
- Working knowledge of email marketing best practices and CAN-SPAM compliance
- Desire to learn on your own and keep up with inbound marketing and Internet marketing developments and best practices
- Great writing skills and strong understanding of how to write SEO-friendly content
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in blogging platforms such as a WordPress
- Experience working remotely in similar roles strongly preferred
- Phone Screen
- Video call with hiring team
- Semifinal video interview with VP of Client Services
- Sample campaign assessment
- Reference checking
- Final video interview with SmartBug’s CEO
Benefits and Perks
- Generous compensation package with performance incentives
- Health insurance with company contribution
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid time off
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Flexible spend plan
- Company-funded short-term disability and life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, SmartBugapalooza’
- Training budget
- Flexibility of working remote
About SmartBug Media
SmartBug Media is a globally recognized Intelligent Inbound marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For over 10 years, SmartBug has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands. We are a 60+ person remote company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance to deliver great work, and we think that you can do this from anywhere.