In-Patient Coding Specialist at Xtend Healthcare
In-Patient Coding Specialist (Part-Time/Remote)
Xtend Healthcare LLC
***Xtend offers competitive benefits including Medical/Dental/Vision, Generous Paid Time Off/Paid Holidays/Monthly Bonus Eligibility/Tuition Reimbursement/401k plan plus Employer Match/Professional Development***
Xtend Healthcare, a Navient company, is nationally recognized as the industry-leading provider of comprehensive revenue cycle solutions to hospitals and health systems. Sustaining healthcare revenue cycle improvement is our exclusive focus with experience in all 50 states and more than 30 years of dedicated health revenue cycle experience. We are committed to delivering solutions built around the broad revenue cycle needs of our clients.
Xtend Healthcare focuses on both clinical and financial interoperability to maximize the collection of net revenue. Xtend Healthcare provides an array of solutions for our customers including full and partial revenue cycle outsourcing, third-party insurance follow-up, self-pay, coding, CDI, and consulting services.
THIS IS A REMOTE (WORK FROM HOME) POSITION. WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES THAT WANT PART-TIME WORK.
Xtend Healthcare is looking for a Part-Time In-Patient Coding Specialist III. This person is responsible for accurately coding (ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, CPT, HCPCS, Level I & II modifiers) facility inpatients and at least two of the following service types: outpatient facility emergency room, outpatient surgery, or observation; and at least two of the following service types: ancillary, recurring therapy, clinic or professional coding. Will be working with multiple facility-specific, state billing and coding guidelines as well as various Medicare Administrative Contractors nationwide.
- Inpatient Facility Coding
- Outpatient Facility Coding
- Completion of Masterlog of accounts coded daily
- Completion of Time Allocation reports daily
- Identifies trends and reports to the Coding manager
- Identifies daily work queues
- Identifies potential issues or errors
- Client liaison to communicate account inquiries
- High school education
- Eight plus years of experience with coding and/or billing in the health care revenue cycle. This should include hospital and physician practice. (additional equivalent education above the required minimum may substitute for the required level of experience)
- In-patient coding experience
- An understanding of healthcare billing practices and compliant claims preparation for both governmental and commercial payers.
- Revenue Cycle Certifications: The following are recognized professional certifications: Certified Professional Account Representative (CPAR), Certified Revenue Cycle Representative (CRCR) or Certified Professional Biller (CPB).
- Electronic health record (EHR) expertise, including knowledge of a variety of vendors.
- Specialty Coding Certifications: The following are recognized professional certifications: Ambulatory Surgical Center (CASCC), Anesthesia and Pain Management (CANPC), Cardiology (CCC), Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CCVTC), Chiropractic (CCPC), Dermatology (CPCD), Emergency Department (CEDC), Evaluation and Management (CEMC), Family Practice (CFPC), Gastroenterology (CGIC), General Surgery (CGSC), Hematology and Oncology (CHONC), Internal Medicine (CIMC), Interventional Radiology and Cardiovascular (CIRRC), Obstetrics Gynecology (COBGC), Orthopaedic Surgery (COSC), Otolaryngology (CENTC), Pediatrics (CPEDC), Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery (CPRC), Rheumatology (CRHC), Surgical Foot & Ankle (CSFAC), and Urology (CUC).
- Coding Certifications: Must be a Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS). Other additional recognized professional certifications are acceptable: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT); Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Certified Coding Associate (CCA); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); Certified Outpatient Coder (COC); or Certified Coding Specialist – Physician (CCS-P).
- Continuing Education Requirements: Medical coders shall maintain the required continuing education hours in order to maintain current and proper national certification(s) requirements for this position.
- Coding Test. Pass a pre-employment coding test that is provided, developed and administered by candidate management instructions, with a score of 80% or higher.
- Must possess a working knowledge of Medicare and Local Medical Review Policy Guidelines.
- Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required.
- Knowledge of inpatient and DRG coding.
- Knowledge of computing observation hours.
- Knowledge of coding infusions and injections.
- Knowledge of surgical coding.
- Knowledge of Evaluation and Management coding.
- Must be able to maintain the company accuracy rating of 95%.
- Must meet set weekly quota for productivity. This is a production coding environment and very fast paced.
- Knowledge of the International Classification of Diseases, Clinical Modification (ICD-CM); Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS); and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT).
- Knowledge of reimbursement systems, including Prospective Payment System (PPS); Ambulatory Payment Classifications (APCs); and Resource-Based Relative Value Scale (RBRVS).
- Practical knowledge and understanding of industry nomenclature; medical and procedural terminology; anatomy and physiology; pharmacology; and disease processes.
- Practical knowledge of medical specialties; medical diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; ancillary services (includes, but is not limited to, Laboratory, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Radiology).
- Make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions.
- Utilize medical computer software programs to abstract, analyze, and/or evaluate clinical documentation and enter/edit diagnosis, procedure codes and modifiers.
- Clearly express information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information. Speaking and writing (specifically email) in an organized manner is required.
- Display courtesy, empathy, and tact, developing and maintaining effective relationships with others; effectively work with individuals who are difficult, hostile, or distressed to resolve differences; and be able to relate well to people from varied backgrounds and in different situations.
- Work with internal and external customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations.
- Contribute to maintaining the integrity of the organization; display high standards of ethical conduct and understand the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.
Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) is a leading provider of asset management and business processing solutions for education, healthcare, and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels.
We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support.
Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient also employs team members in Indiana, western New York, northeastern Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Wisconsin, and other locations.
To view the Navient Benefit Brochure click here
EOE is the Law – click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Navient participates in E-Verify. To View the E-Verify notice, click here.
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at the number below.
Navient (855) 281-1828
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!