Implementation Project Manager at G5
Title: Implementation Project Manager
- Location: United States
- Bend, Oregon OR Remote, USA
Who You Are:
You are a project manager who lives and breathes web development, design and content management. With 3-5 years of professional experience, you are ready for your next move! You’re an exceptional communicator, and have the innate ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects with varying priorities and complexities.
Here at G5, the Implementation Project Manager is responsible for the delivery of new customer websites on the G5 Platform whose scope may include responsive theme design, responsive custom design, standard integrations to 3rd party solutions using G5 themes or custom client requirements and enhancements to existing customer websites.
This role is expected to keep abreast of the latest G5 products, design best practices, web usability guidelines and solutions, and help provide guidance and insight to clients on best practices.
The Implementation Project Manager works closely with clients, delivery teams, and sales to validate scope against the contract, gather website requirements and assets as well as manage timelines to ensure client websites are launched on time, within scope and budget, and achieve quality standards.
The role coordinates the tasks required by the project team that includes web designers, copywriters, front end web engineers, web content specialists, quality assurance analysts, and SEO analysts. The Project Manager functions in a matrixed organization of shared resources, manages a portfolio of projects with varying priorities, and is accountable to G5 financial targets.
If this sounds like an opportunity you just can’t pass up, we encourage you to apply!
Your Next Challenge:
- Coordinate resources and third party vendors for the execution of new location websites, G5 Theme websites, smaller enhancements and custom websites.
- Adhere to G5’s Unified Project Method using prescribed process steps, tools, and systems.
- Manage the inception, planning, design, code, build, test, launch, warranty, and close phases of the project.
- Collect and review asset completeness and accuracy.
- Review build completeness and accuracy per the project and site requirements.
- Manage the scope, schedule, resources, and quality of the project. Efficiently and effectively track and report variances; escalate appropriately when needed.
- Proactively organize project tasks, assign and organize work through clear communication and accurate and complete documentation, meet team member entrance criteria, and work within the constraints of the organization’s tools and assignment system.
- Responsible for detailed solution and solution review with the client
- Responsible for ensuring the solution delivered does not negatively impact client objectives or G5
- Responsible for explaining platform features and guiding client on best practices
- Champion a Build-Quality-In practice by ensuring that project timelines allow time for project setup, implementation and peer reviews, for adequate test/fix cycles for all user scenarios, and for efficient completion of quality audits.
- Manage team conflict and stay vigilant of potential client conflict; escalate appropriately when needed.
- Exemplify the G5 Values and Behaviors.
- Develop visual diagrams or other materials to help clients understand complex projects.
- Proactively manage the client to the terms of the contract (specifically scope, price, and timeline) while maintaining high client satisfaction.
- Manage scope to ensure adherence to contract; initiate change management process when needed.
- Manage and track project effort hour actuals to estimates.
- Apply extreme oversight and proactive management during the planning and design phases of the project to ensure that all client deliverables (e.g., assets, approvals) are submitted on time or ahead of schedule.
- Manage the gathering of; and ensure all needed project and client information is properly maintained in all company systems.
- Ensure solution is built to G5 standards and meets the objectives and expectations of both the client and G5.
- Keep abreast of the latest G5 Products, web usability guidelines, design best practices and help provide guidance and insight to clients.
- Work with the client’s technical point of contact / domain manager to assist with the IP address change or obtain client login & password from domains and launch the websites.
What You’ll Need:
- 3-5 years of experience in web development, design, IT, or web content management experience as a project manager
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational and prioritization skills; detail and solution-oriented.
- The ability to multi-task and juggle multiple projects with varying priorities and complexities
- Superb written and verbal communications skills with the ability to articulate your recommendations and advocate best practice solutions.
- BA or BS degree (or equivalent) preferred
- Agile Project Management certificate preferred
- Google Certification preferred
- Experience in a matrixed organization of shared resources
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and track details in a fast-paced environment effectively and efficiently.
- High attention to detail, analytical, problem solver and must be able to work on multiple assignments at the same time.
- Self-motivated and frequently demonstrates initiative by going above and beyond performing what is required for the position
- Creative with a solutions-oriented focus.
- Experience with cloud based storage systems and corporate shared drive management
- Experience with software development or project management within a marketing or product development organization recommended
- Understanding of user interface best practices, web application design and development & usability recommended
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!