San Antonio, Texas
Remote, United States
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The Implementation Leader is responsible for leading the successful start-up of new Enterprise Services Customers into the Rackspace environment. This involves successfully working with onboarding new Customers, the account management team, deployment partners and all other internal teams involved in the deployment of the Customer’s configuration. Success is defined as flawlessly executed deployment that results in a Promoter’ NPS rating.
An Implementation Leader is a crucial position in the onboarding process of our new customers while providing a great first impression of Rackspace. While working with the different Functional, Support, and Sales teams to ensure the highest level of accuracy in deployments, an IL is also expected to provide Fanatical Support to both internal and external customers.
As an Implementation Leader, you are expected to apply effective prioritization, organization, communication, and project management techniques to ensure the most efficient and accurate deployment possible. It is your responsibility to keep the new Rackspace customer updated on the status of the deployment via the ticketing system, email and phone.
- Strong Project Management experience; Implementations, Large Projects, Process Driven, Migrations, Strong Leadership, Remote Management, Multitasking Skills, Team Player. Should have knowledge of SOW objectives. PMP certification is desirable. Technical environment includes Migrations from Exchange to O365; O365, Exchange, ADFS, SharePoint, Box, OneDrive, Azure, AdConnect.
- Understanding of financial terminology and customer’s profitability. Ability to adapt working style and approach to best communicate with various business contacts.
- 3 years relevant hosting experience preferred. Ability to use professional concepts with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures. General knowledge of Networking, Hardware, Software, Product, etc. Familiarity with ticketing systems. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Familiar with Project Management in terms of prioritizing, organizing and getting maximum efficiency out of your day. Critical tools/systems – SF, EC, CORE, Cloud Control, etc. Extensive knowledge of Rackspace’s portfolio of Products and Services. Extensive knowledge of Hosting solutions and how they work together. Subject matter expert on complex configurations (SRM, DvC, Vormetric, Hyper-V, Storage, ect).
- Ability to communicate technical information and ideas so others understand both verbally and written. Strong understanding of project management principles. Intermediate knowledge of the project lifecycle. Familiarity with project planning and support tools such as MS Project, Project Workbench, MS Office and Lotus NotesMS. Excellent Problem Solver. Ability to Present to Customers & Prospective Customers on the Implementation Process. Understanding of root cause analysis and ability to use RCA process to make quality and process improvements. Ability to develop and teach Brown Bag training for fellow Implementation Leaders.
- Ability to effectively communicate Rackspace methodology and set deployment expectations with the requirements into the deployment plan. Ability to create clear documentation to account teams when transition new accounts. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Creative and collaborative team player. Ability to Prioritize effectively. Strong attention to detail. Ability to multi-task and stay organized. Strong sense of ownership and follow-thru. Ability to respond effectively and with tact under pressure. Capability of working with different levels and types of staff and teams. Prefer ITIL/SCRUM Certification.
- Act as an example to the team in communicating in a timely and effective manner. Strong sense of urgency and ability to balance customer needs with Rackspace business needs. Intuitive ability to navigate through deployment plans to provide a fanatically successful customer experience. Ability to successfully facilitate internal deployment meetings or calls to align teams. Ability to mentor and develop/train others. Great collaborator with strong negotiating skills. Ability to provide a positive influence lead the charge in implementing newly adapted processes. Excellent interpersonal relationship skills. Ability to work successfully and promote inclusivity in small groups.
- Provide performance feedback for team members as appropriate. Foster and promote knowledge exchange. Create an environment that enhances team motivation and success. Ability to handle multiple high-dollar deployments in a high-pressure environment. Maintain spreadsheets and personal workload with little to no supervision. Ability to reset customer expectations.
JOB COMPLEXITY: Acts as the main advocate and point of contact for the new Rackspace customer. Develops and implements the project strategy, considering customer life-cycle and need. Defines the implementation project from the sales contract, develops timelines and activities and gains sign-off from internal and external stakeholders. Reviews contracts against customer expectations, identifies gaps and works with sales and support teams to address potential issues. Identifies downstream impacts and proactively addresses them. Acts as an advisor to the customer in developing solutions driving resolution of issues. Holds project kick off meetings and implementation calls creates momentum and project acceptance. Assess and manage project variances (e.g. budget variance); evaluate impacts to overall project commitments, evaluate and present options, and implement approved changes. Provides a smooth customer experience during the transition through sales, implementation, and support. Collaborates on implementation and support transition calls. Understands customer expectations and delivers against them. Establishes and delivers against a communication plan for implementation projects. Provide ongoing work direction to project team members and/or to the leaders of various project components. Creates and maintains customer loyalty by serving all customers above and beyond their expectations using our CORE Values and Fanatical Support Principles. Takes ownership of deployments and see them through to completion. Supports customers over the phone, email and via tickets in conjunction with the sales, inheriting account team, and functional groups. Expected to constantly seek opportunities to drive change and development to products, the team and processes. Implements processes and efficiencies for the implementation team. Prepares and provides weekly status reports for new customer going through Implementation. Examines contracts for errors and tracks deployments according to the current company provisioning timelines.
SUPERVISION: Determines methods and procedures or creates methods for new assignments. Mentors others.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in related field. At the manager’s discretion, additional experience may substitute for the degree requirement. 9-12 years of experience in a technical project management, technical customer facing, or account management role, including 5+ years of relevant project management and business to business service/relationship management experience. High school diploma or equivalent required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General office environment. May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor. No special physical demands required. Schedule flexibility to include working a weekend day regularly and holidays as required by the business for 24/7 operations. Occasional travel, less than 10%.
Rackspace is modernizing IT in today’s multi-cloud world. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. We serve over 50% of the Fortune 100 companies & customers in 120 countries around the globe. Our achievements are powered by our people we call them Rackers. We grow & thrive through world-class development opportunities, learning & selling bleeding-edge technologies & solutions, and most importantly, connecting with each other (the best & brightest in the industry). Are you a Racker? Join us!
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren’t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.