Remote | Part-time
Virtual Immigration Paralegal
Equivity is looking for a part-time virtual paralegal with recent experience supporting attorneys in an immigration law office.
- We are looking for paralegals with at least three years of experience in immigration law, including preparing applications for immigration, motions and supporting documents, and performing case law research.
- If you are an expert in this area, have previously assisted attorneys remotely, and have excellent writing skills, we want to hear from you!
- Virtual paralegals at Equivity develop a portfolio of clients supporting a number of different attorneys.
- We are currently seeking a virtual paralegal who has recently (within the last six months) worked in an immigration law firm and is able to prepare immigration forms, draft correspondence, create and update standard immigration questionnaires, ensure prompt client communication, and ensure timely and accurate document production.
- The candidate must be familiar with preparing immigrant and non-immigrant visa, both employment-based (H1-B, PERM, Adjustment of Status, etc.) and family-based petitions.
- Experience with adjustments of status, naturalization, applications for asylum, withholding of removal, and cancelation of removal, preparing motions; preparing I-601 and I-601A waivers; and preparing applications for citizenship are a plus.
- In addition to these requirements, we are looking for a paralegal that is detail-oriented, proactive, extremely organized, and possesses strong case management skills.
- The ideal candidate will be very technologically adept and have excellent Word and Adobe skills. In addition, the candidate should have experience working with cloud-based practice management software.
- Experience in other areas of legal practice, including litigation, family law, bankruptcy, or estate planning, would be a plus.
More about our company:
- Equivity matches clients with virtual assistants that provide paralegal, administrative and marketing support.
- Our virtual paralegals typically work with a number of different firms and attorneys at the same time, providing each support.
- You would work with a high degree of autonomy and would be responsible for developing relationships with your clients.
- Because we provide extremely attentive service to our clients, you must be available to respond to client communications during the business within one hour by email, phone, and text and be available to work on projects throughout the business day.
- All of this work is done remotely, meaning that you can work from home.
- The selected candidate would be hired as a part-time employee of Equivity, not an independent contractor.
- We are looking for somebody who has at least 20 hours per week of availability, and the starting pay is $18.50 per hour.
- We are a growing business and are looking for a virtual paralegal who is excited to partner with us and is interested in a long-term role with our company.
Qualities we are looking for:
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Technologically savvy
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of recent experience working as a paralegal in immigration law firms
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience preparing employment-based petitions
- Experience managing immigration cases
- Experience with deportation or asylum is a plus
- Experience with e-Immigration, INSZoom or other immigration software is a plus
- Experience using practice management software, preferably Clio, PC Law, or Serengeti
- Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM – 6 PM
- Experience using law firm bookkeeping software for invoicing and timekeeping is a plus
- Your own laptop and smart phone with broadband access to Internet
- Quiet location in which to take phone calls