Immigration Campaign Director at MomsRising
Immigration Campaign Director
Working closely with the Executive Vice President and the Director of Mamásconpoder, the Campaign Director is responsible for designing and implementing campaigns to increase awareness of the contributions of immigrants and protect immigrant children and families. Develops funding and reports on progress with approval of Executive Director and Executive Vice President.
MomsRising (www.momsrising.org) is a powerful grassroots movement with staff working around the country. Our core team of paid staff and volunteers work collaboratively to develop our strategies and campaigns. As a virtual movement, we use conference calls, IM, and email extensively to communicate, to create, and to care for each other. Our team enjoys a results-oriented work environment where the challenges and joys of balancing work, family, and personal time are understood.
1. Helps lead the federal advocacy work of the immigration team to design and implement programs with (multiple) specific campaign(s).
- Works with the Executive Vice President and the Director of Mamásconpoder, as well as other immigration team members, to craft campaign strategy and implementation plan.
- Supervises the implementation of advocacy campaigns while also actively playing a significant role in the campaign.
- Manages and organizes online and on-the-ground events relevant to campaigns.
- Helps ensure responsible use of MomsRising financial, staff, and volunteer resources, including oversight of project budgets.
- Makes decisions on campaign issues and recognize when problems arise that need input and decisions from upper management.
- Brings decisions and/or recommendations to the Executive Vice President and the Director of Mamásconpoder regarding overarching strategic decisions in planning and/or partnerships.
- Routinely represents MomsRising at events and government meetings as well as with the media.
2. Assists in the development of funding for campaigns.
- Assist in identifying and developing campaign funding in partnership with ED and EVP as needed. This may include components of grant-writing, grant report creation, data collection and/or solicitation.
- Help ensure appropriate communication with foundations and donors.
- Help ensure timely reporting of grant-funded activities.
3. Works cooperatively with partners, leaders, and other relevant organizations to advance the mission of specific campaigns and the mission of MomsRising.
- Ensures a unified delivery of campaign message throughout all levels of communication.
- Attends coalition and program partner meetings, conference calls and press events as a representative of MomsRising.
- Maintains effective and collegial relationships with partner organizations including independent problem solving and conflict resolution when necessary.
- Oversees on-line presence of Campaign Team.
4. Oversees member/volunteer relationships through Campaign Team.
- Support the Team in identifying and building on opportunities to grow membership/volunteer base.
- Oversee the Team in responding to member/volunteer feedback and member/volunteer services.
- Plan and oversee leadership development opportunities for members/volunteers.
5. Assists in Managing the Campaign Team.
- Participate in hiring staff members/volunteers.
- Help develop staff through clear work expectations and appropriate feedback.
- Support the learning opportunities of Campaign staff assigned to the team by training and facilitating observations, discussions and participation as appropriate.
6. Other assignments as needed to further the mission of MomsRising.
- 7 or more years of related work experience either implementing campaigns and/or engaged in advocacy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to teach and develop writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and make good decisions in service to the mission including recognizing when to bring issues or concerns to upper management.
- Able to work independently, but also be a good team player and team leader.
- Skills and experience in helping manage staff and developing a cooperative and effective team.
- Proven leadership in working with coalitions and managing political or advocacy campaigns.
- Experience in leading successful organizing efforts. Eager to train staff in organizing strategies.
- Interest in and passion for the mission of MomsRising.
- Demonstrated flexibility in making quick decisions during changing circumstances.
- Experience in managing complex projects and multiple concurrent campaigns.
- Comfortable with a virtual office. Able to communicate effectively via IM, conference calls, and email.
- At ease with technology and able to use technology effectively for organizing, writing, and online communication. Email proficiency is critical.
- Familiar with HTML and comfortable with Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Experience with constituent relationship management tools and blogging are desirable.
- Spanish language knowledge is a plus.
This is a virtual job with no physical office. Incumbent will work in own home and communicate with coworkers through technology. Hours are flexible with some evening and weekend hours required. Location in the Washington D.C. area preferred.
Must be able to work at a desk for blocks of time. Must be able to communicate verbally. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to move objects/operate keyboards, reach with hands and arms, speak and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation and benefits:
This position is full-time, with a salary of $60,000 to $85,000 commensurate with experience. MomsRising provides a robust benefits package including eligibility for paid family and medical leave, medical/dental/vision coverage, generous PTO and sick time, and a 401b retirement plan with an employer contribution. MomsRising covers 75% of an employee’s and 50% of any dependent’s medical/dental/vision coverage.
MomsRising Together is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity – all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Note: It is expected that some of your time will be spent working for MomsRising Education Fund (the “Education Fund” and, collectively with MomsRising Together, “MomsRising”). In that event, you will have an employment relationship with both MomsRising Together and the Education Fund, and with respect to any particular task you will report to the supervisor overseeing the program, who may represent either MomsRising Together or the Education Fund or both employers. MomsRising Together and the Education Fund will each pay a proportionate share of your total salary, based on the fraction of your time spent working for each organization in a given pay period.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!