Identity and Access Management (IAM) Senior Analyst- Remote
- Location: Countrywide, Countrywide, US
- Company: Allstate Insurance Company
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
We are looking for a talented, experienced, and innovative individual to advance strategic opportunities and initiatives affecting emerging technology, trends, and strategy for Identity and Access Management. The Candidate should have a strong understanding of the principles of Identity and Access Management, and how it enables and impacts business needs. The expectation is that they have experience with implementation and deployment of various IAM products to ensure that Strategies devised align with operational expectations. They should be experienced and confident in assessing and communicating business drivers and risks; developing mitigation or enhancement strategies and positions; and working through the appropriate influence mechanisms internally and externally. This position will require regular matrixing with teams across the Security organization. This candidate must also be regularly learning about emerging technology developments and trends, hard-working, self-driven and able to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. This role can sit remote from any location.
- Plays a leadership role in supporting and guiding the architectural planning, factoring in an understanding of long term strategies for the business into a vision for the future technology architecture.
- Acts as a technical guide accountable for multiple technologies, with knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of technologies supported.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the current and future technology architecture, including the inter-operability of technologies.
- Provides support for education, guidance and training to the internal team members and stakeholders
- Analyzes cross-technology/platform issues and addresses problems factoring in an understanding of the current and future architectures, and devises strategies for compensating for issues discovered.
- Leads the evaluation of new technologies and the challenges that they pose to existing security posture – e.g. SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, CI/CD, Microservice Security, Predictive Analytics, etc. – relative to their domain(s).
- Proposes Strategy and Approaches supported by a thorough analysis of capabilities and business case.
- Assesses the business impacts of new technologies and threats, and develops updated strategies for the Enterprise to pursue, leading to more efficient and cost-effective approaches to address technical and business issues.
- Supports a framework for data driven decisions that map to the Services CMM
- Works with the team to understand the strategic impact of existing contracts and spend with consideration of the long term needs of the business.
- Works closely with other teams in the Security Organization to drive a more integrated Security Posture
- Understands and complies with industry policy, laws, regulations, and compliance rules as applicable. This includes looking at strategies for improving compliance training, adherence to internal procedures, controls, etc.
- Highly organized and collaborative, self-starter- This role can sit remote from any location.
- Proficiency in Identity Management Principles, with experience in cloud computing, cloud security, security assurance
- Knowledge of emerging technology environment in financial and insurance sectors a plus
- Experience with IAM technologies, Compliance Requirements, Risk Assessment processes, and Project Execution.
- Knowledge of IAM products within the domain is required. E.g. SailPoint, ADFS, Active Directory, Virtual Directory, Multi-Factor,
- Expertise in RESTful Web Services, Microservice based design and CI/CD is strongly desired
- An understanding of Agile development is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to build and foster effective relationships and networks with others.
- Highly effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively and comfortably interact at senior and executive corporate, political and educational institution levels.
- Maintain highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality and integrity, with a strong professional reputation in the industry.
- Self-starter with proven track record of successfully working with a wide array of functional groups across an organization and cultures as well as working independently.
- Ability to influence, negotiate with, and persuade others is required. Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and political acumen.