Human Resources Operations Associate at 6 River Systems
Human Resources Operations Associate
6 River Systems (6RS) is a Shopify (SHOP) company leading the way to faster fulfillment. E-commerce changed the world and 6 River Systems is building solutions to power faster fulfillment with collaborative mobile robots and cloud-based software.
As a Human Resources Operations Associate, you will partner with colleagues at 6 River Systems and Shopify as we improve processes and implement new systems to provide a world-class experience for all of our employees. In this new position, you will:
- Human Resources Information Systems: Maintain accurate information in Workday by adding new hires, entering job changes, tracking leaves of absence, and partnering with colleagues across 6RS and Shopify to ensure accuracy across multiple systems
- Benefits & Payroll: Educate employees about benefit programs available in their work location (United States, Canada, Europe) and partner with the Shopify Benefits Team to address complex questions about our benefit programs. Serve as an internal point of contact for payroll related questions and partner with the Shopify Payroll team on any complex matters
- Employee Onboarding & Retention: Partner with colleagues on the Talent Team to ensure a positive experience for new hires and current employees
- Learning & Development and Review Cycles: Support the implementation of new systems to deliver training across the organization and provide information for employees and managers during our annual review cycles
- Compliance and Work Permits: Ensure work authorization for all employees and partner with the Shopify Mobility Team and external legal partners to secure work permits for employees requiring sponsorship
- Process Improvement: Recommend changes to current processes and support with the implementation of new systems to improve efficiency as we continue growing
What you’ll need day one:
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems: You understand how to navigate complex systems like Workday or other enterprise human resources platforms
- Active Listening Skills and Learning Mindset: You build rapport with employees and engage experts to provide accurate information about policies and benefit programs
- Experience Improving Processes: You look for opportunities to enhance standard processes and you partner with colleagues to implement new systems to raise the bar
- Patience and Commitment to Results: You understand the complexity of working with enterprise systems and remain persistent when you encounter unexpected challenges or changes
Why 6RS? Recognized by the Boston Globe as a Top Place to Work
- Entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up combined with the stability of a global commerce company
- Competitive compensation packages and Shopify RSUs
- Company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for all employees
- Paid holidays, vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Annual 401k contribution from the company
- Lifestyle spending account
About 6 River Systems
Founded in Waltham, Massachusetts in 2015, 6 River Systems is a leading collaborative mobile robotics fulfilment solution and part of global commerce company Shopify. Founders Jerome Dubois and Rylan Hamilton were previously executives at Kiva Systems (now Amazon Robotics). The 6 River Systems solution is operating in more than 20 facilities in the U.S., Canada and Europe, fulfilling millions of units each week for companies including Lockheed Martin, CSAT Solutions, ACT Fulfillment, DHL, XPO Logistics, and Office Depot. To learn more, visit www.6river.com.
Shopify is a leading global commerce company, providing trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage a retail business of any size. Shopify makes commerce better for everyone with a platform and services that are engineered for reliability, while delivering a better shopping experience for consumers everywhere. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries and is trusted by brands such as Allbirds, Gymshark, PepsiCo, Staples, and many more.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!